YIN YOGA FOUNDATIONS TEACHER TRAINING
*This yoga teacher training course is the first module of our new 300hr Yin Yoga Therapy TTC program; but it’s also a complete training on its own. Upon completion of this Yin Yoga TTC you will be ready to teach Yin yoga classes, but also you can use the 50 hours towards your 300hr Yin Yoga Therapy certification process. (More details about this new program here)
Yin Yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga where postures are practiced on the floor in a static way for an extended period of time -ranging from two to five minutes. In this style, we position our body in a particular pose and then let go of all muscular efforts and surrender it to the floor for gravity to do the work. By doing so we relax our muscles and apply moderate stress to the deepest layers of connective tissues of the body -tendons, fascia, and ligaments- improving the health and mobility of joints.
The functional approach of our 50-hour Yin Yoga Foundations Teacher Training Course – based on skeletal variations and uniqueness of every and each practitioner- provides a renewed perspective of the yoga asanas.
If you love the benefits of the Yin Yoga practice in your body and mind, and are ready to take it to next level, this is the perfect course for you!
Sampoorna Yoga Costa Rica offers an innovative in-person/online modality which allows you to get the best out of our Yin Yoga TTC.
In this format, as soon as you sign up for the course, you will start learning from the comfort of your home. You’ll have lifetime access to the Online Module, so you can study and practice at your own rhythm and pace!
Soon after, you will join our senior lead teachers in a 6-day in-person experience to clarify doubts, improve your practice, share with like-minded yogi fellow students, and develop your teaching skills while indulging in tropical nature!
Choose the date of your YTTC & Apply
Pay the course fee
Get access to the Online Module
Get certified as Yin Yoga Teacher
Our course is based on the functional approach to yoga, which emphasizes the importance of understanding the human differences, especially the skeletal variations. The main topics we cover in this course are:
- The essential elements of Yin yoga: definition and principles
- The Yin and the Yang
- History of Yin yoga
- Yin yoga vs Restorative yoga
- How to practice Yin yoga
- Anatomy of Yin yoga
- Comparative and functional anatomy
- Aesthetic and functional alignment
- Compression and tension theory
- Connective tissue
- Differences in bones and skeletons
- How skeletal differences affects the postures, range of movements and the joins
- Skeletal segments to define compression areas
- Muscle groups to define tension areas
- Target areas of yoga asanas
- Beneficial effects of Yin yoga on connective tissues, fascia and joints: anatomical and energetic benefits
- Archetypal poses and their variations
- Appropriate use of props
- Sequencing Yin yoga classes
- Teaching methodology of Yin Yoga
NOTE: Topics such as energetic body (meridians and chakras), mindfulness, meditation and pranayama are mentioned but are not the core/emphasis of this course.