Considering taking your yoga practice to the next level? Always been intrigued by the thought of learning and practicing yoga in its homeland – India? Or, are you new to yoga and want to dive right into a 200 hour yoga teacher training to understand the foundation and basics? Whichever category you fit into, if you’re toying with the thought of doing a 200 hour yoga certification, this article is for you.
There are a few guidelines and criteria to be a 200 hours RYT (registered yoga teacher) outlined by Yoga Alliance. Don’t worry – they’re not difficult or unachievable. These guidelines have been outlined for beginners and those looking to go deeper into their yoga practice.
- You need to have complete commitment. A 200 hour yoga teacher training yoga alliance course is right for you if you are looking to develop a deeper understanding of nuances of yoga, the practice, philosophy and lifestyle.
- The 200 hour yoga teacher training requires you to be ready to take your asanas, pranayama and meditation practice to the next level. You must be ready to observe, engage, learn and practice in a challenging yet positive way.
- The best RYT 200 yoga teacher training programs are non-competitive, providing you with a supportive space to learn, grow and adapt a yogic way of life. The school asks that you come with a mindset that aligns with the nature of the program.
- The yoga teacher training programs are comprehensive, structured and take a holistic approach to teaching all aspects from yogic philosophy to anatomy and physiology. They include practical sessions consisting of asanas, pranayama, meditation, cleansing practices, etc. It is a must to complete all modules to get certified. A keen interest in learning the different aspects of yoga is a must.
- You, as a practitioner, will benefit more when you approach the program with an open mind. A passion to learn and spread the knowledge of yoga makes your experience more meaningful.
These guidelines, put forth by Yoga Alliance, help regulate and maintain the authenticity of the teachings of yoga, ensuring you are learning and practicing real yoga. The way this is structured, it ensures every student graduating from a yoga TTC course is a credible teacher to learn yoga from. Upon completing your course, you can register with Yoga Alliance for a small fee. While the registration is fairly straightforward, it is recommended you continue attending workshops, start teaching and keep advancing your knowledge and practice. Only that will make you an authentic, experienced and respected teacher. This being said, the 200 hours yoga TTC is a wonderful place to start. Whether you’re already a practitioner or completely new, it’s an opportunity to delve deeper into the foundations of yoga.
The most important requirement from your end is to be completely present in mind and body. Your passion and dedication to the program will determine your progress. In a way, this course will transform your life by driving self-growth, focus and clarity, and your true potential. There’s nothing like learning and spreading the light and knowledge of yoga.