The Importance of a Good Breakfast
After not eating for a number of hours whilst sleeping, breakfast provides the body and brain with fuel
- Breakfast should be eaten within two hours of waking
- A healthy breakfast should provide calories in the range of 20-35% of your guideline daily allowance (GDA)
Reasons why eating breakfast is important:
- Brain function – studies have shown that eating breakfast can help improve memory, concentration and productivity
- Improves mood, lowers stress levels
- Provides energy to get the body up and moving, including the organs
- People who skip breakfast have lower energy levels, as well as less physical strength
- Boosts metabolism
- Reduces cravings in the day, which can lead to overeating
- Keeps blood sugar levels stable throughout the day
- Studies have shown that people who eat breakfast have a better controlled weight
- Many breakfast foods are healthy and contain healthy carbohydrates, proteins, fibre, mineral and vitamins which help maintain a healthy body
- Breakfast can be a social event with family / housemates to start the day in a positive way
Healthy Breakfast Ideas:
- Unsweetened cereal
- Bread (whole wheat is best)
- Incorporate Fruit / Nuts / Nut butter / Seeds
If you don’t eat breakfast regularly it is a good idea to start getting into the habit.
Written by Sarah Williams. Sarah is a Qualified Yoga Teacher based in London with an online presence on Instagram and Facebook. She also blogs about yoga and health & well being topics on her website. Sarah’s focus is Vinyasa Flow, Hatha and Ashtanga styles of yoga and she completed part of her training in India. https://sarahlucyyoga.wixsite.com/yoga, @sarahlucyyoga
She is currently pursuing her 300 hours advanced teacher training from Sampoorna Yoga Goa. If interested in Yoga Teacher Training in India please browse our Teacher Training page – Yoga Teacher Training Courses
YOGA ALLIANCE CERTIFIED COURSES!
All the Sampoorna Yoga’s Teacher Training Courses are registered with Yoga Alliance. Once you graduate from our school, you will be eligible to register as a Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance anywhere in the world. This certification enables you to teach in any and all the countries in the world.