Why Choose Sampoorna Yoga School for Your Yoga Teacher Training Course?
Got your eye on a yoga teacher training course? Browsing the internet looking for a course that will fit your requirements? With a plethora of schools and courses out there, it can be confusing and overwhelming trying to find the right one. In this article we’ve simplified why you should do your yoga teacher training in India and why choose Sampoorna Yoga.
- The homeland of yoga: India is the birthplace of yoga. The first mention of yoga was in India’s sacred texts, the Vedas, over 5000 years ago. Over the years, the practices and philosophies have been refined by scholars into the Upanishads, a set of over 200 scriptures. The most famous of these is the Bhagavad Gita, the popular Hindu scripture. Then, later in the 2nd century, Sage Maharishi Patanjali further organized yoga practices and beliefs into the Yoga Sutras and introduced Ashtanga’s Eight Limbs of Yoga.With so much history and knowledge deeply rooted in India, some of the best yoga teacher training schools exist here. You can explore authentic yoga teacher training programs in India – from Rishikesh, the yoga capital of the world to Goa, the beautiful beach town located in South-West India.
- Connect with nature: Sampoorna Yoga’s 200-hour yoga teacher training in Agonda, Goa promises an immersive experience where you can connect with nature. It gives you an opportunity to disconnect from the outside world, be with yourself and experience the transformative power of yoga. It’s a wonderful time to connect with your inner-self. Many students have been struck by the simplicity and purity of life. Animals are treated with care and love. Being a beach town, days are defined by the tide, sun and fisherman’s schedule. Spiritual energy is high and the beauty of the place inspires you more and more towards a yogic lifestyle.
- Experience yoga in its true form: In the west, yoga is often viewed as a workout or exercise. This is far from the way it is supposed to be practiced. The goal of yoga is to establish a mind-body connection using the breath, and empower you to achieve your true potential. As one of the best yoga schools in India, Sampoorna’s courses like the 200-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga teacher training guides you towards adopting and practicing the Yamas and Niyamas, learning and understanding the Yoga Sutras, and how to apply verses like ‘Sthiram Sukam Asanam’ (to be steady and comfortable in any posture) in every aspect of life. Theory is just as important as the actual practice. And, with lesser distractions and interruptions from the outside world, you will be motivated to intensify your practice and knowledge, making your experience even more profound.
- A fresh perspective: There is nothing like stepping out of your comfort zone to view life from a different perspective, and Goa is just the right place to do that. When you step away from your endless to-do lists and daily responsibilities, you can slow down, take a deep breath and appreciate the beauty around you. Even if your yoga teacher training course (YTTC) is for a short duration, it gives you a chance to get a breather while improving your mental and physical health. The vibe in Agonda, at Sampoorna Yoga, is one that allows you to embrace slow living, simplicity and beauty around you. It is an opportunity to connect with fellow yogis and yoginis in a new space and explore the food and culture together, while growing as individuals. As you progress, you develop better self-discipline and a balanced daily routine, known as ‘Dinacharya’. Take a look at the stunning Sampoorna Yoga Village, Goa here.
- A new lifestyle: While online courses have their perks and are a great option for many, staying at a yoga school in India will help you develop a new lifestyle. During any course at Sampoorna Yoga, there is a daily time table to follow. This schedule is built to enable a balanced, disciplined and energizing lifestyle. Your days will include a mix of physical practices such as yoga postures, breathing techniques, internal cleansing (depending on the course you choose) and calming practices like meditation, as well as theory classes, anatomy and physiology, and time for self-study. There is sufficient time to interact with your course-mates and unwind with relaxing activities. As the courses finishes, you will be motivated to carry this new lifestyle forward with you when you go back home.
- Economical and Affordable: The best part about a yoga teacher training in India is you get to experience all of the above at affordable prices. Sampoorna Yoga courses are cost-effective while providing a beautiful experience, delicious and nutritious meals, and exquisite facilities. The amount of knowledge and practice you will gain from the course is life-changing.
- Qualified, experienced teachers: At Sampoorna Yoga, you will be learning and practicing under the guidance of experienced, and qualified Indian and western teachers. The teaching team is trained to identify your strengths and weaknesses and help you progress at a pace that suits you. You will be guided, supported and mentored in an effective and encouraging way.
- Friends for life: Being together with a group of like-minded folks for weeks usually develops life-long friendships. Not only will you and your batchmates go through a deep, transformative phase together, but you will also be supporting each other in your practice and progress. Many sessions will require you to pair up, enabling trust and support between each other. Even after the course is over, you will have a network and group of friends cheering you on, and embracing you as a part of Sampoorna’s international community of yogis.
A course at Sampoorna Yoga also gives you a chance to travel and explore Goa and the surrounding states. If you are staying in India for longer, it’s a great opportunity to travel towards North India too and take in the rich heritage and culture in different regions. Browse through the courses available at Sampoorna, see what suits your needs at this time, or drop us an email if you would like to speak to us. If you’re on the fence or unable to decide, then start with a short course like the 100HR YTTC. We assure you, you will love it so much you’ll want to sign up for more!