VINYASA FLOW PRACTICE
In our online 200-hr YTTC, you will have access to dynamic flows recorded by our senior teachers for you to practice four to five times a week. The themes and structure of these classes will be discussed as part of the topics of sequencing principles and teaching techniques classes.
ALIGNMENT & ADJUSTMENTS WORKSHOPS
Our skilful teachers will guide you through the alignment principles and the art of verbal adjustment techniques for the main postures of the Ashtanga Yoga primary series and a few other more advance postures. These workshops also include modifications, advance variations, and adequate use of props.
TEACHING PRACTICE, METHODOLOGY AND TECHNIQUE
Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course will help you to deepen your connection with your inner being, your emotions, feelings and thoughts. This process will enable you to teach from your heart and personal experience rather than just from mouth and memory. Our Online Yoga Teacher Training program is a practical training course designed to help you to become a confident and effective Yoga teacher for all level of students. By the end of the course you will be able to teach mixed-level open yoga class confidently.
You will learn the principles of sequencing in order to create Vinyasa Flow sequences based on a chosen theme and a peak pose. There will be lots of guidance on how to improve and enhance your teaching skills and how to plan and structure a class.
In addition, you will learn about the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, verbal instructions, teaching styles, the qualities of a teacher, voice projection, floor presence, planning and structuring a class, alignment, verbal and visual adjustments, dealing with injuries and safety precautions, business aspects of teaching yoga, ethics and much more.
PRANAYAMA AND MEDITATION
You will learn and practice different breathing and meditation techniques every day. In our online platform, you will have access to the theory behind each technique and you will find several pranayama and meditation practices as well. For your personal practice, you just need to play the video and practice in the comfort of your home!
Some of the MeditationTtechniques you will learn are:
- Sthula Dhyana (Meditation on the Objects)
- Jyoti Dhyana (Meditation of the Candle Flame)
- Sukshma Dhyana (Formless Meditation)
- Chakra Meditation
- Yoga Nidra
Once a week, you will be able to clarify your doubts, ask questions and discuss about the experience, emotions, obstacles and other topics related to the practice of these yoga techniques, in the live session your teacher will conduct.
During this course you will study core concepts of yoga philosophy:
- Meaning of yoga, concepts, history
- Four paths of yoga (Jnana, Raja, Bhakti, Karma Yoga)
- Nadis (energy channels), Chakras, kundalini
- Vedas and six systems of Indian philosophy
- Ashtanga yoga (Raja Yoga): aim of yoga, modification of mind, mental disposition, meaning of OM, eight limbs of yoga, Kriya yoga, Samyama yoga, Samadhi (enlightenment)
- Mudras, Bandhas & Kriyas: Introduction, different types, practice and its integration with meditation
- Obstacles on the path of yoga, means to overcome obstacles
- Concepts of Gunas (Satva, Rajas, Tamas) and their applications in daily life. Effects of food in Gunas
- Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
- Among others
In our interactive philosophy live sessions, you are free to ask questions related to spirituality, meditation or any other enquiry related to your spiritual quest.
Our functional anatomy classes ensure an understanding of the key muscles and bones involved in asana practice and their associated health benefits and contraindications. Substantial emphasis is placed on analytic training, muscular and skeletal anatomy, individual limitations and differences. The specially designed practical anatomy classes are the back bone of the alignment classes.
Here is a look of what you will learn in our anatomy classes:
- Basic concepts of functional anatomy and physiology related to movement.
- Application of anatomical principles to yoga practice (mechanics of yoga asana, its benefits and contraindications, healthy patterns of movement, etc).
- Practical anatomy with a major emphasis on the skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, and movements of the major joints of the body.
- Muscular and skeletal differences i.e. compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory.
- Study of different regions of the body: The foot, knee, hips, spine, and shoulder.
THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
In this class, your teacher will guide you through how to develop your career as a yoga teacher, setting up your own studio, school or yoga retreat center, marketing strategies, advertising and PR, ethics in yoga business, building network with other yoga teachers, schools, studios and retreats, among other topics related.