200-hr Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Alliance Approved Course
“Due to the ongoing Corona situation Yoga Alliance has permitted to conduct Yoga Teacher Training courses fully online and consider all the delivered classes whether live or pre-recorded as CONTACT HOURS till 31st December 2022. The date may be extended beyond 31st December 2022 depending upon the world situation”
Our online 200-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course is an intensive program designed to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to teach yoga classes based on the Ashtanga Primary Series and Vinyasa Flow style. Your yoga teacher training journey with us is as much about deepening your own practice as it is about gaining the skills to teach others. We passionately believe in the significance of your own journey of discovery and experience on the development of your unique personal voice and style as a yoga teacher.
Sampoorna’s yoga teacher training courses are based on the eight limbs of Ashtanga yoga, not just on the Asana practice. There is a lot of emphasis placed on Yamas, Niyamas, Pranayama, pratyahara, meditation techniques and mindfulness too. This comprehensive curriculum covers Yoga philosophy based on the Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, yogic lifestyle and ethics, yogic diet, anatomy and physiology for yoga teachers and practitioners, among other topics related to the practice of cultivating a balanced life.
OUR ONLINE 200-HOUR YTTC INCLUDES
- Theory and practical classes, on video and live, of all the topics of the curriculum
- Review questions after each section for you to assess your knowledge
- Ashtanga classes on video
- Vinyasa Flow classes on video
- More than 20 live sessions with all the teachers of the course
- Our comprehensive manual with illustrative photos, theory, practice exercises and much more information in PDF, downloadable and printable
- Ashtanga Primary Series sheets with the Sanskrit names of all the asanas (downloadable)
- Anatomy presentations
- Study Guide with more than 100 questions
- Theory final exam
- Access to private Facebook group
- 200-hour certificate recognized by the Yoga Alliance
- Lifelong access to the course materials
- Flexibility to complete the course at your own pace
This online course follows the updated regulations of Yoga Alliance, therefore, upon completion of all lessons and final assessments, you will receive a 200-hour certification eligible to be registered with Yoga Alliance USA.
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU, IF:
- You are looking to get certified as yoga teacher
- You want to maximize your time by pursuing an online training
- You want to be part of a group-learning experience while learning at your own pace
- You have been practicing yoga -intensively and continuously- and want to move to the next level.
- You want to learn how to get harmony between body, mind and soul.
- You want to deepen your personal asana and meditation practice.
- You have a strong desire and urge to share this art of living with others
- You are looking for a comprehensive, safe, well/structured, anatomically precise yet intuitive approach.
- You wish to explore the subtler and deeper level of awareness.
- You are ready to learn yoga beyond asanas.
ASHTANGA PRIMARY SERIES
The Primary Series is especially designed to repair, rejuvenate, and strengthen the system for the purpose of yoga. Within the series there is also a strong focus on realigning the musculoskeletal system and toning the muscles in the lower abdomen and pelvic floor, which are, incidentally, very important for establishing the correct breathing technique.
During this online training, you will practice the Primary Series with your teacher via Zoom and also with the pre-recorded classes.
You will have the option of practicing all the asanas, with modifications, and/or with props.
VINYASA FLOW PRACTICE
In our online 200-hr YTTC, you will have access to dynamic flows recorded by our senior teachers for you to practice four to five times a week. The themes and structure of these classes will be discussed as part of the topics of sequencing principles and teaching techniques classes.
ALIGNMENT & ADJUSTMENTS WORKSHOPS
Our skilful teachers will guide you through the alignment principles and the art of verbal adjustment techniques for the main postures of the Ashtanga Yoga primary series and a few other more advance postures. These workshops also include modifications, advance variations, and adequate use of props.
TEACHING PRACTICE, METHODOLOGY AND TECHNIQUE
Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course will help you to deepen your connection with your inner being, your emotions, feelings and thoughts. This process will enable you to teach from your heart and personal experience rather than just from mouth and memory. Our Online Yoga Teacher Training program is a practical training course designed to help you to become a confident and effective Yoga teacher for all level of students. By the end of the course you will be able to teach mixed-level open yoga class confidently.
You will learn the principles of sequencing in order to create Vinyasa Flow sequences based on a chosen theme and a peak pose. There will be lots of guidance on how to improve and enhance your teaching skills and how to plan and structure a class.
In addition, you will learn about the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, verbal instructions, teaching styles, the qualities of a teacher, voice projection, floor presence, planning and structuring a class, alignment, verbal and visual adjustments, dealing with injuries and safety precautions, business aspects of teaching yoga, ethics and much more.
PRANAYAMA AND MEDITATION
You will learn and practice different breathing and meditation techniques every day. In our online platform, you will have access to the theory behind each technique and you will find several pranayama and meditation practices as well. For your personal practice, you just need to play the video and practice in the comfort of your home!
- Sthula Dhyana (Meditation on the Objects)
- Jyoti Dhyana (Meditation of the Candle Flame)
- Sukshma Dhyana (Formless Meditation)
- Chakra Meditation
- Yoga Nidra
Once a week, you will be able to clarify your doubts, ask questions and discuss about the experience, emotions, obstacles and other topics related to the practice of these yoga techniques, in the live session your teacher will conduct.
During this course you will study core concepts of yoga philosophy:
- Meaning of yoga, concepts, history
- Four paths of yoga (Jnana, Raja, Bhakti, Karma Yoga)
- Nadis (energy channels), Chakras, kundalini
- Vedas and six systems of Indian philosophy
- Ashtanga yoga (Raja Yoga): aim of yoga, modification of mind, mental disposition, meaning of OM, eight limbs of yoga, Kriya yoga, Samyama yoga, Samadhi (enlightenment)
- Mudras, Bandhas & Kriyas: Introduction, different types, practice and its integration with meditation
- Obstacles on the path of yoga, means to overcome obstacles
- Concepts of Gunas (Satva, Rajas, Tamas) and their applications in daily life. Effects of food in Gunas
- Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
- Among others
In our interactive philosophy live sessions, you are free to ask questions related to spirituality, meditation or any other enquiry related to your spiritual quest.
Our functional anatomy classes ensure an understanding of the key muscles and bones involved in asana practice and their associated health benefits and contraindications. Substantial emphasis is placed on analytic training, muscular and skeletal anatomy, individual limitations and differences. The specially designed practical anatomy classes are the back bone of the alignment classes.
Here is a look of what you will learn in our anatomy classes:
- Basic concepts of functional anatomy and physiology related to movement.
- Application of anatomical principles to yoga practice (mechanics of yoga asana, its benefits and contraindications, healthy patterns of movement, etc).
- Practical anatomy with a major emphasis on the skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, and movements of the major joints of the body.
- Muscular and skeletal differences i.e. compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory.
- Study of different regions of the body: The foot, knee, hips, spine, and shoulder.
THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
In this class, your teacher will guide you through how to develop your career as a yoga teacher, setting up your own studio, school or yoga retreat center, marketing strategies, advertising and PR, ethics in yoga business, building network with other yoga teachers, schools, studios and retreats, among other topics related.
To receive the 200-hour certificate as a yoga teacher, you must complete a written exam (available in the online platform) and submit a video demonstrating your skills and knowledge while teaching a yoga class.
Once both tests have been approved, we will send you your certificate recognized by the Yoga Alliance through your email.
DATES AND FEE
The online 200-hr Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training Course will take place on the following date: