ALIGNMENT & ADJUSTMENTS WORKSHOPS
Our skilful teachers will guide you through the alignment principles and the art of verbal adjustment techniques for the main postures of the Ashtanga Yoga primary series and a few other more advance postures. These workshops also include modifications, advance variations, and adequate use of props.
TEACHING PRACTICE, METHODOLOGY AND TECHNIQUE
Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course is a transformative journey that encourages a profound connection with your inner self, exploring your emotions, feelings, and thoughts. This introspective process empowers you to teach from a place of heart-centered authenticity and personal experience, rather than relying solely on mental knowledge and memory.
Our Online Yoga Instructor Training program is a pragmatic and hands-on training designed to cultivate your confidence and effectiveness as a Yoga teacher for students of all levels. By course completion, you will possess the skills to lead mixed-level open yoga classes with assurance.
During the course, you will acquire an understanding of the principles of sequencing, enabling you to craft Vinyasa Flow sequences centered around specific themes and peak poses. Ample guidance will be provided to enhance your yoga teaching abilities and refine your yoga class planning and structure.
Furthermore, you will delve into essential aspects of teaching, including the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting, and correction. You will master verbal instructions, teaching styles, the qualities that define a great teacher, voice projection, floor presence, class organization, alignment, verbal and visual adjustments, addressing injuries, safety precautions, the business facets of teaching yoga, ethical considerations, and much more.
PRANAYAMA AND MEDITATION
You will learn and practice different breathing and meditation techniques. In our online platform, you will have access to the theory behind each technique and you will find several pranayama and meditation practices as well. For your personal practice, you just need to play the video and practice in the comfort of your home!
Some of the meditation techniques you will learn are:
- Sthula Dhyana (Meditation on the Objects)
- Jyoti Dhyana (Meditation of the Candle Flame)
- Sukshma Dhyana (Formless Meditation)
- Chakra Meditation
- Yoga Nidra
During this course you will study core concepts of yoga philosophy:
- Meaning of yoga, concepts, history
- Four paths of yoga (Jnana, Raja, Bhakti, Karma Yoga)
- Nadis (energy channels), Chakras, kundalini
- Vedas and six systems of Indian philosophy
- Ashtanga yoga (Raja Yoga): aim of yoga, modification of mind, mental disposition, meaning of OM, eight limbs of yoga, Kriya yoga, Samyama yoga, Samadhi (enlightenment)
- Mudras, Bandhas & Kriyas: Introduction, different types, practice and its integration with meditation
- Obstacles on the path of yoga, means to overcome obstacles
- Concepts of Gunas (Satva, Rajas, Tamas) and their applications in daily life. Effects of food in Gunas
- Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
- Among others
Our functional anatomy classes ensure an understanding of the key muscles and bones involved in asana practice and their associated health benefits and contraindications. Substantial emphasis is placed on analytic training, muscular and skeletal anatomy, individual limitations and differences. The specially designed practical anatomy classes are the back bone of the alignment classes.
Here is a look of what you will learn in our anatomy classes:
- Basic concepts of functional anatomy and physiology related to movement.
- Application of anatomical principles to yoga practice (mechanics of yoga asana, its benefits and contraindications, healthy patterns of movement, etc).
- Practical anatomy with a major emphasis on the skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, and movements of the major joints of the body.
- Muscular and skeletal differences i.e., compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory.
- Study of different regions of the body: The foot, knee, hips, spine, and shoulder.
THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
In this class, your teacher will guide you through how to develop your career as a yoga teacher, setting up your own studio, school or yoga retreat centre, marketing strategies, advertising and PR, ethics in yoga business, building network with other yoga teachers, schools, studios and retreats, among other topics related.