Online Yoga Teacher Training
(200-Hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow)
Yoga Alliance Approved Course
Self-paced, Lifetime Access
“Due to the ongoing Corona situation Yoga Alliance has permitted to conduct Yoga Teacher Training courses fully online and consider all the delivered classes whether live or pre-recorded as CONTACT HOURS till 31st December 2023. The date may be extended beyond 31st December 2023 depending upon the world situation”
ONLINE YOGA TTC OVERVIEW (200-HOUR)
ABOUT THE ONLINE YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
Our online 200-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course is an intensive program designed to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to teach yoga classes based on the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series and Vinyasa Flow. Your yoga teacher training journey with us is as much about deepening your own practice as it is about gaining the skills to teach others. We passionately believe in the significance of your journey to discover your unique personal voice and style as a yoga teacher.
Sampoorna’s yoga teacher training courses are based on the eight limbs of Ashtanga yoga, not just on the Asana practice. There is a lot of emphasis placed on yamas, niyamas, pranayama, pratyahara and meditation. This comprehensive curriculum covers Yoga philosophy based on the Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, yogic lifestyle and ethics, yogic diet, anatomy and physiology for yoga teachers and practitioners, among other topics related to the practice of cultivating a balanced life.
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU, IF:
- You are looking to get certified as yoga teacher and help others walk the path of yoga
- You have already been practicing yoga and want to take your practice and knowledge of yoga to the next level
- You want to deepen your personal asana and meditation practice.
- You wish to explore the subtler and deeper level of awareness through practice of yoga, pranayama, meditation and yogic lifestyle.
ONLINE YOGA COURSE DETAILS
- Lifelong access to the course material.
- Self-paced course: Flexibility to complete the certification within one year.
- Q&A live Zoom sessions with the teachers of the course to clarify doubts. (There is also a welcome meeting on the first day of the course and a closing session on the last day.)
- 150+ pre-recorded theory and practical classes, and recordings of previous Q&A sessions.
- Yoga Teacher Training manual with all the content of the course, downloadable and printable.
- Ashtanga Primary Series sheets with the Sanskrit names of all the asanas (downloadable)
- Anatomy presentations
- Access to Sampoorna Yoga Alumni private Facebook group
- You will be given access to the course two days before your course start date.
- Our courses are hosted in one of the best online educational platforms and highly recommended by Yoga Alliance.
- You will have lifetime access to all the course material including the yoga teacher training manual, pre-recorded classes, and recordings of the live sessions.
- In the first section of the course, you will find important information such as the timetable and links of live sessions, study guide, YTTC manual, important emails, and others.
- You can study at your own rhythm and pace.
- Although you will have lifetime access to the course, you should finish the course within one year from the start date.
- You can clarify your doubts during the live Q&A sessions or leave them in the comment section of the respective lectures in the online platform. The teachers will reply them within a day or two.
- You can download and print all the resources in PDF format. The videos can be watched only on the e-learning platform.
To complete the course, there are two exams: a multiple-choice theory test, and a practical exam (a 30-minute Vinyasa flow class you need to record and send to your Vinyasa teacher).
Upon completion of the course and passing both exams, you will receive a certificate approved by Yoga Alliance USA which enables you teach yoga anywhere in the world.
ONLINE YOGA COURSE CONTENT
ASHTANGA PRIMARY SERIES
Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series: Introduction to and history of the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series and the four elements of Ashtanga yoga; Vinyasa, Ujjayi Breath, Bandhas and Dhristi. We suggest you practice with our pre-recorded class or as a self-practice 3-4 times a week during your training.
VINYASA FLOW PRACTICE
In our online 200-hr YTTC, you will have access to dynamic flows recorded by our senior teachers for you to practice a few times a week. The themes and structure of these classes will be discussed as part of the topics of sequencing principles and teaching techniques classes.
ALIGNMENT & ADJUSTMENTS WORKSHOPS
Our skilful teachers will guide you through the alignment principles and the art of verbal adjustment techniques for the main postures of the Ashtanga Yoga primary series and a few other more advance postures. These workshops also include modifications, advance variations, and adequate use of props.
TEACHING PRACTICE, METHODOLOGY AND TECHNIQUE
Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course will help you to deepen your connection with your inner being, your emotions, feelings and thoughts. This process will enable you to teach from your heart and personal experience rather than just from mouth and memory. Our Online Yoga Teacher Training program is a practical training course designed to help you to become a confident and effective Yoga teacher for all level of students. By the end of the course you will be able to teach mixed-level open yoga class confidently.
You will learn the principles of sequencing in order to create Vinyasa Flow sequences based on a chosen theme and a peak pose. There will be lots of guidance on how to improve and enhance your teaching skills and how to plan and structure a class.
In addition, you will learn about the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, verbal instructions, teaching styles, the qualities of a teacher, voice projection, floor presence, planning and structuring a class, alignment, verbal and visual adjustments, dealing with injuries and safety precautions, business aspects of teaching yoga, ethics and much more.
PRANAYAMA AND MEDITATION
You will learn and practice different breathing and meditation techniques. In our online platform, you will have access to the theory behind each technique and you will find several pranayama and meditation practices as well. For your personal practice, you just need to play the video and practice in the comfort of your home!
Some of the meditation techniques you will learn are:
- Sthula Dhyana (Meditation on the Objects)
- Jyoti Dhyana (Meditation of the Candle Flame)
- Sukshma Dhyana (Formless Meditation)
- Chakra Meditation
- Yoga Nidra
During this course you will study core concepts of yoga philosophy:
- Meaning of yoga, concepts, history
- Four paths of yoga (Jnana, Raja, Bhakti, Karma Yoga)
- Nadis (energy channels), Chakras, kundalini
- Vedas and six systems of Indian philosophy
- Ashtanga yoga (Raja Yoga): aim of yoga, modification of mind, mental disposition, meaning of OM, eight limbs of yoga, Kriya yoga, Samyama yoga, Samadhi (enlightenment)
- Mudras, Bandhas & Kriyas: Introduction, different types, practice and its integration with meditation
- Obstacles on the path of yoga, means to overcome obstacles
- Concepts of Gunas (Satva, Rajas, Tamas) and their applications in daily life. Effects of food in Gunas
- Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
- Among others
Our functional anatomy classes ensure an understanding of the key muscles and bones involved in asana practice and their associated health benefits and contraindications. Substantial emphasis is placed on analytic training, muscular and skeletal anatomy, individual limitations and differences. The specially designed practical anatomy classes are the back bone of the alignment classes.
Here is a look of what you will learn in our anatomy classes:
- Basic concepts of functional anatomy and physiology related to movement.
- Application of anatomical principles to yoga practice (mechanics of yoga asana, its benefits and contraindications, healthy patterns of movement, etc).
- Practical anatomy with a major emphasis on the skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, and movements of the major joints of the body.
- Muscular and skeletal differences i.e. compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory.
- Study of different regions of the body: The foot, knee, hips, spine, and shoulder.
THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
In this class, your teacher will guide you through how to develop your career as a yoga teacher, setting up your own studio, school or yoga retreat center, marketing strategies, advertising and PR, ethics in yoga business, building network with other yoga teachers, schools, studios and retreats, among other topics related.
DATES AND FEE
DATES & AVAILABILITY
DATES & AVAILABILITY
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Via PayPal or Bank transfer
Via credit/debit card
(Taxes may apply. These taxes are calculated and charged by Teachable and are not part of Sampoorna’s fee)
*Early Bird Discount:
- $100 USD if booked 30 days before the course start date.
- Discounts are not applicable to any payment plan.
HOW TO BOOK
- Application: Complete the online application form. If you don’t hear back from us within 24 hours, please send us an email at [email protected]. Please always check your spam if you don’t see our response within 24 hours. You can also contact us at our WhatsApp number