300-HOUR ASHTANGA VINYASA YOGA
A Yoga Alliance Approved Course, leads to 500-hour certification
“Up to €1800* euros discounts for foreign nationals, click here for details. Special discounted fee for Indian nationals residing in India.
Sampoorna in Sanskrit means ‘full, absolute, total, whole and complete’. Therefore, Sampoorna Yoga means ‘complete yoga or absolute yoga’. We teach yoga as a lifestyle, as a whole, and focus on all the eight limbs of yoga, not just on asana. Our 300-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course is an intensive program designed to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to further your practice and teach yoga based on the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series.
Throughout the year 2022 this course will run along with our 200-hour Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training course. This course also consists of an 100-hour online teacher training module which consist of yoga anatomy, hands-on adjustment and a few other topics. It’s the online module, the deep hands-on adjustment online and in-person training which makes this course stand out than the others.
Our 300-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training course is based on the traditional Ashtanga Yoga system and philosophy. Our comprehensive curriculum covers Patanjali Yoga Sutras, the eight limbs, yogic lifestyle, yogic diet, yoga anatomy, physiology and Ashtanga Yoga primary and intermediate series. There is a lot of more emphasis upon hands-on adjustment and teaching practice in this course.
Although we are traditional in our teachings but modern and unorthodox in our approach. We strongly encourage you to bring your own creativity, intuition and spiritual experiences into your learning and teaching styles. We don’t follow any religion or dogma in our teachings.
You will also have the benefit of exposure to a few Yin Yoga classes during the course.
Our 300-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training course is for you if:
- You want to become a 500-hour Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher
- You want to go deeper in your practice and teaching.
- You want to develop a deeper understanding of yoga, yogic philosophy and the yogic lifestyle.
- You want to take your asana, pranayama and meditation practice to the next level.
- You want to learn and practice in a compassionate, non-competitive yet challenging environment.
- You are looking for a comprehensive, safe, well structured, anatomically precise yet intuitive approach.
- You want to share the teachings of yoga with others and help them lead a happy, content and meaningful life.
You will receive a 300-hour yoga teacher training certificate which can be registered with Yoga Alliance USA. This 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course on top of your existing 200-hours Yoga Teacher Training qualifies you to become a 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance.
- Introduction to and history of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga system.
- The four elements of Ashtanga yoga; Vinyasa, Ujjayi pranayama, bandhas and drishti.
- Daily ashtanga yoga practice: Daily led as well as Mysore style classes.
- Alignment & modification workshops: Two hours daily workshops. In this class we teach you how to practice all the asanas with proper alignment and how to modify them when necessary.
- How to use props in various postures.
- Teaching practice: This class is all about enhancing teaching skills. You will start practice teaching from the day one, starting from one-to-one to larger groups. You will be supervised and guided by senior teachers.
- Please note that wether you will practice primary or second series will totally depend upon the leve of your personal practice. You won’t be allowed or taught intermediate series just because it’s an advanced course.
- You will be given access to our special 50-hour hands-on adjustment online module which you will have access to for one year. This you should complete either before or during the course.
- This modul is not available to our 200-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training students.
- There will a lot of hands-on adjustment workshops during the course.
- You will have daily hands-on adjustment practice under the supervision of our senior teachers.
- Prana, breath and pranayama
- The science and anatomy of pranayama
- Pranic body and spiritual significance of pranayama
- Intermediate to advance level pranayama practices:
- Types of pranayama you will practice in this course: Nadi Shodhana, kapalbhati, bhastrika, ujjayi, bhramari, surya bheda.
- How to practice and teach pranayama
- Meditation: Introduction, definition and aim
- Science of meditation
- Effects of meditation on brain and mind
- How to meditate
- How to teach meditation
- Types of meditation to be covered: Chakra meditation, Kundalini meditation, Om meditation, Nada meditation, Mantra meditation, Antara mauna, Chidakash Dharana, Vippassana and insight meditation.
- Yoga Sutra
- Ashtanga Yoga: The eight limbs
- The yogic life styles
- Importance of satsang and sangha
- Concepts of three gunas: Satva, Rajas, Tamas.
- Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
- Human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.).
- The study of the anatomical subject and the application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy patterns of movement, among others).
- Practical anatomy with a major emphasis on muscular and skeletal structures and in-depth study of anatomical and skeletal differences (i.e., compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory).
- Introduction to different body systems: skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, breathing and respiratory system, and major joints of the body.
- Understanding of yoga asanas from an anatomical perspective.
BUSINESS OF YOGA
- How to develop your career as a yoga teacher.
TEACHING PRACTICE, METHODOLOGY AND TECHNIQUE
“The best way to learn is to teach” – Frank Oppenheimer
Our 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training course will help you to deepen your connection with your emotions and feelings which will empower you to teach from your heart. Our Yoga Teacher Training program is a practical training designed to help you become a confident and effective Yoga teacher for all level of students
- Principles of demonstration
- Observing, assisting and correcting
- Teaching styles, qualities of a teacher
- Voice projection, and floor presence
- Different process of learning
- Planning and structuring a class
- Alignment and hands-on-adjustments theory and practice
- Dealing with injuries and safety precautions
- Teaching practice: There will be a lot of opportunities for teaching practice. From day one, you will start teaching one-on-one and then progress to teaching larger groups towards the end of the course.
- Teaching feedback: You will receive feedback on your teachings from your classmates and teachers, to help you to improve your teaching skills and to find your unique voice and style as a teacher
- By the end of the course you will be able to teach mixed-level open yoga class confidently.
PRE-STUDY (MANDATORY NON-CONTACT HOURS)
- Once you have booked your place in the course; we will give you access to an online module which covers the non-contact hours of the training.
- This online module is a combination of pre-recorded classes.
- This module covers a big portion of yoga anatomy as well as a few classes on pranayama, meditation and philosophy. It also has a few Ashtanga classes so that you can start practicing at home if you don’t have access to a yoga studio.
- This module also covers our 50-hours hands-on adjustment yoga teacher training online module
- We strongly encourage you to watch and finish the anatomy and hands-on adjustment section before starting the in-person training at Goa with us to enhance your learning.
*Weekends: Saturday half day. Sundays off.
DATES & FEES
“If not you, who? If not now, when?” ~The Talmud
*The number of days in the first three courses have been deliberately kept shorter due to current 30-days visa being granted to foreigners.
DATES & AVAILABILITY
- Indian nationals: Specially discounted fee for Indian nationals residing in India. INR 89,000* for twin & 1,09,000* for single. Only ten spaces.
- Early Bird Discount:
- €200 Euros: 90 days before course start date
- €100 Euros: 30 days before course start date.
- Up to €1800 discounts. click here to know more.
- The course fee is in Euros and inclusive of all taxes.
- Included in the fee: Training, accommodation and meals only.
- Not included: Travel, insurance, any other liability etc.
- Airport transfers: Available at INR 3000 (€35) each way.
- Check-in: From 16.00 pm onwards on course start date.
- Check-out: Before 10.00 am on course end date.
- Orientation meetings: Are held between 4-5 pm on the course start date.
- Accommodation: We have two types of accommodation named Sampoorna and Anaya. All rooms are air-con and have private hot showers. We will always give you the accommodation agreed upon but life happens and sometimes we may have to make changes if required due to the circumstances beyond our control. Please check our Yoga Village page for pictures and more detailed information about the accommodation.
HOW TO BOOK
- Application: Complete the online application form . If you don’t hear back from us within 24 hours, please send us an email [email protected]. Please always check your spam if you don’t see our response within 24 hours.
- Booking amount: Once accepted in the course you will be asked to pay a non-refundable but transferrable booking amount of €400 for foreigners and INR 20,000 for Indians via PayPal/ Wise/ Googlepay / direct Bank Transfer. Your place on the course will be confirmed only upon receipt of the deposit amount.
- Remaining balance: To be paid upon arrival at Sampoorna Yoga, Goa by cash, debit or credit card, or PayPal.
- Refund Policy