Yoga Therapy is not new. Prevention and healing have been always the main purpose of yoga philosophy. Therefore, it can be difficult to define it, especially because we can approach the concept from different perspectives. Nevertheless, we offer a few definitions to make the term understandable and accepted by all people -whether yoga practitioners or not.
“Yoga therapy is the process of empowering individuals to progress toward improved health and well-being through the application of the teachings and practices of Yoga.” (International Association of Yoga Therapists’ definition)
“Yoga therapy is a self-empowering process, where the care-seeker, with the help of the Yoga therapist, implements a personalized and evolving Yoga practice, that not only addresses the illness in a multi-dimensional manner, but also aims to alleviate his/her suffering in a progressive, non-invasive and complementary manner. Depending upon the nature of the illness, Yoga therapy can not only be preventative or curative, but also serve a means to manage the illness, or facilitate healing in the person at all levels.” (TKV Desikachar & Kausthub Desikachar)
SAMPOORNA YOGA’S DEFINITION
“Yoga Therapy is the process of using the benefits of Yoga techniques as a method to prevent illnesses, ease symptoms, facilitate healing and achieve an overall state of wellbeing.”
YOGA AND YOGA THERAPY
Although Yoga is a therapeutic practice, there are significant differences when it comes to yoga classes and yoga therapy sessions, yoga students and yoga therapy clients, yoga teachers and yoga therapists. Let’s take a look at the core of these concepts:
YOGA TRAINING AND YOGA THERAPEUTICS TRAINING
Syllabus of both trainings may seem similar in the core; however, in order to become a certified yoga therapist, yoga teachers need to acquire a different set of tools, knowledge and skills:
WHY TO BECOME A YOGA THERAPIST?
Yoga Therapy, as a particular yoga field, has become extremely popular recently, due to the great therapeutic effects yoga practitioners experience in their body and mind.
Consequently, the demand for yoga therapists in different fields such as: health management organizations, corporations, hospitals, retreat centers, schools, colleges, universities, sports centers, drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers, and many more, has grown exponentially. With our Yoga Therapy Teacher Training you acquire a specialization that allows you to help clients who suffer from a specific problem (diabetes, obesity, hypertension, cancer, among many others).
THIS COURSE WILL HELP YOU TO GROW IN YOUR CAREER AS A YOGA TEACHER
- In group classes, you can teach your clients how to become -and stay- healthier
- You will feel more confident when approached by students that come to yoga seeking for support in their healing process
- In one-on-one sessions, you will be able to assess and analyze your clients’ condition, in order to tailor a yoga-based program for them
- You can partnership with yoga studios to offer Yoga Therapy classes besides their general yoga classes
- You may offer specialized workshops for groups of people that are struggling with similar illnesses
- You can become part of different health support groups
- You can offer your specialized services to organizations such as hospitals, retreat centers, Naturopathy and Ayurveda centers, rehabilitation centers, among others
THIS TRAINING IS FOR YOU IF
- You are a certified Yoga Teacher
- You like to help people to have a better lifestyle
- You want to help patients to ease and relieve the symptoms of their illnesses
- You look for a more specialized yoga field
- You aim to be part of a positive change regarding health and lifestyle habits
- You want to teach people how to prevent diseases
- You are interested in creating a successful business model while contributing with the wellbeing of your clients
- You are looking for the best Yoga Therapy Training in India
ABOUT THE COURSE
Our 300 hour Yoga Therapy Teacher Training India is a program that provides knowledge, skills, and tools to qualified yoga teachers to conduct one-to-one and group yoga therapy sessions. This Yoga Therapy Course enables yoga teachers to help their clients preventing illnesses, easing symptoms, complementing medical treatments, and improving their overall wellbeing.
After this course, you will be able to support the healing process of clients with similar conditions/illnesses, not only physically but also at deeper layers of their being, using yoga techniques to prevent and to recover from deep inside.
Pre-requisite: You should hold a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training certification from any accredited yoga school in any style/philosophy of yoga.