Ayurveda is an ancient health and healing branch of knowledge which is holistic and predominantly preventive. It is at least 3000 year old proven knowledge. Ayurveda takes care of health, healing, rejuvenation, prevention and cure.
This course is not a Teacher Training Program because Ayurveda is an Indian branch of medicine which is studied for FIVE years. But this course gives a good introduction and overview on Ayurveda. It helps in understanding one’s own constitution and accordingly adjust the diet and life style. This knowledge can be used for the benefit oneself and can also be shared with family, friends and students.
Topics to be covered:
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Pancha Maha Bhootas (Five elements) and their qualities
- Tridoshas viz. Vata, Pitaa and Kapha
- Doshas and their physical and psychological properties
- 6 tastes and connection to doshas
- Seasons and Doshas
- Analysis of the dosha
- Different foods and properties
- Some Important Herbs and properties
- Dina Charya (Ayurvedic daily routine)
- Medicines in Ayurveda
- Trigunas viz. Satva, Rajas and Tamas
- Effect of Gunas on food
- Connection of Gunas and Doshas and their application to daily life
- Introduction to Pancha Karma
- Theory of Shat Kriyas of Yoga
- Pancha Karma vs Shat Kriyas
- Ayuvedic cooking
This course is open to all applicants.
There will be a “Test your knowledge” theory exam at the end. This course is a part of Continued Education Program of Yoga Alliance.