Yin Yoga is a slow paced and passive style of yoga practice where postures are practiced on the floor in a static way for an extended period of time ranging from two to five minutes. In this style we position our body in a particular pose and then let go of all muscular efforts and surrender it to the floor for gravity to do the work. By doing so we relax our muscles and apply moderate stress to the deepest layers of connective tissues of the body -tendons, fascia, and ligaments- improving the health and mobility of joints.
In this training, you will learn the concept of Yin and Yang, the difference between them, and how do they complement each other. You will learn how to practice and teach more than twenty main Yin Yoga postures with their modifications and variations. You will also study in depth the comparative and functional anatomy, difference in bones and the joint structures and how these differences affect the asana practice of each individual.
When combined with internal awareness Yin yoga also becomes a highly meditative tool to cultivate inner silence, enhance awareness and explore the deeper realm of our consciousness.
THIS COURSE IS FOR
- Yoga practitioners who want to learn about yin yoga, how to practice it and teach it.
- Qualified yoga teachers who want to learn Yin yoga to expand their scope of teaching.
- Yoga Teachers who are looking for Yoga Alliance CEP courses.
- Yoga studios and yoga schools owners who want to add value to the classes they offer to their clients.
- Students who want to complete our 300-hour Multi Style Advanced Yoga Teacher Training course.
This course is open to applicants who hold a 200 hour certification from any school and in any style.
You will receive a 60-hour certification eligible to be registered with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK or Yoga Alliance US. This 60 hour certificate can be counted towards our 300-hour Multi Style Advance Yoga Teacher Training certification, and can also be used as 60 hour CEP / CPD with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK and Yoga Alliance US.