Karma Yoga Apprenticeship Goa India
“Empower the teacher within you”
WHAT IS THE KARMA YOGA PROGRAM?
The Karma Yoga program is an opportunity to live and breath yoga at Sampoorna Yoga, Goa and is offered only to those who have shown leadership skills and exceptional dedication towards learning, practicing and teaching yoga during their Yoga Teacher Training Course at Sampoorna. The purpose of this program is to help such newly certified yoga teachers to enhance their teaching skills and become exceptional yoga teachers. Here are some of the details of the program:
- Its an intense program which requires six days a week, minimum eight hours per day of active participation in the school. These eight hours does not include your practice time.
- The KYs will be assisting the lead teachers in various YTTCs, teaching drop-in classes, helping students in anyway they may need and helping the KY office in minor admin works.
- If the KYs display exceptional teaching, team spirit and leadership skills they may get a chance to become paid teachers in the TTCs in the future course.
- It’s a very intense program. Therefore, those who might be looking for a free holiday near the beach in the name of Karma Yoga Should not apply for this program.
THE SUPPORT YOU WILL GET FROM THE SCHOOL
- A lot of guidance and support from the teachers and the staff.
- A lot of assisting and teaching opportunity.
- Shared or single accommodation onsite depending upon availability. An accommodation allowance will be provided if onsite accommodation is not available. Management’s decision will always be the final.
- All meals, tea, coffee, snacks and filtered water etc are free
- One free laundry per week during your stay. 50% discount on additional loads.
- One day off per week.
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM THE KYS?
- Completion dedication and commitment towards the program, physically and mentally.
- Team spirit, leadership skills, proactiveness.
- Assisting the lead teachers in the TTCs and teaching drop-ins
- Helping the KY office.
- Bringing an harmonious energy among the team and the students.
- Helping the management get videos testimonials and reviews.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING
- You must have taken at least one Yoga Teacher Training Course with Sampoorna Yoga online or offline.
- Those who are willing to dedicate eight hours every day, six days a week.
- If selected you will need to pay a REFUNDABLE deposit of €400. It will be re-imbursed to you at the end of successful completion of your commitment. This deposit will be forfeited if you cancel your participation without written approval before joining or suddenly abandon the program during your participation.
REVOKING YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE KY PROGRAM
- School management may cancel a KY’s participation in the program and ask them to leave
- If the management feels that the presence of such a KY is causing conflicts and disharmony in the school.
- If it feels that the KY is not dedicated and committed to the program and is not participating enough.
- If the management feels that the KY is not being a help neither to the students nor the school.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KARMA YOGA PROGRAM
- To participate in this program please send an email to [email protected], copy to [email protected] with the following information. Please note that you will have to commit for at least three TTCs.
- Full Name:
- Your Website / Blog / Facebook & Instagram id:
- Educational background:
- Current work profile:
- Teacher Training Courses that you have attended with us along with the dates:
- Names of the teachers in your course with us:
- Any other Yoga courses/workshops you have done before or after the Sampoorna TTC:
- Your total Yoga teaching experience:
- Type of Yoga you are teaching?
- Course dates that you can commit for. Please check this link for the complete course schedule. You can apply for any dates you want but it must match the start and end of the 200-hour YTTCs. For example, if a YTTC is starting from the 1st March and ending on 26th March, you must arrive here on the 24th March and leave on the 26th March.
- Your detailed resume
- Link to any videos where we can see how to teach. It can be a simple homemade video with phone.
- WhatsApp number: A must
See what hundreds of Sampoorna graduates have to say about our school.
Director & Senior Teacher of Sampoorna Yoga speaking about his experience with Sampoorna Yoga, India.
Our ex-sampoorna yoga teacher training students speaking about their experience with Sampoorna Yoga, India.
Our teachers and ex-sampoorna yoga teacher training students speaking about their experience with Sampoorna Yoga, India.
YOGA ALLIANCE CERTIFIED COURSES!
All the Sampoorna Yoga’s Teacher Training Courses are registered with Yoga Alliance. Once you graduate from our school, you will be eligible to register as a Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance anywhere in the world. This certification enables you to teach in any and all the countries in the world.