WHAT IS THE KARMA YOGA PROGRAM?
The Karma Yoga program is an opportunity to live and breath yoga at Sampoorna Yoga, Goa and is offered only to those who have shown leadership skills and exceptional dedication towards learning, practicing and teaching yoga during their Yoga Teacher Training Course at Sampoorna. The purpose of this program is to help such newly certified yoga teachers to enhance their teaching skills and become exceptional yoga teachers. Here are some of the details of the program:
- Its an intense program which requires six days a week, minimum eight hours per day of active participation in the school. These eight hours does not include your practice time.
- The KYs will be assisting the lead teachers in various YTTCs, teaching drop-in classes, helping students in anyway they may need and helping the KY office in minor admin works.
- If the KYs display exceptional teaching, team spirit and leadership skills they may get a chance to become paid teachers in the TTCs in the future course.
- It’s a very intense program. Therefore, those who might be looking for a free holiday near the beach in the name of Karma Yoga Should not apply for this program.
THE SUPPORT YOU WILL GET FROM THE SCHOOL
- A lot of guidance and support from the teachers and the staff.
- A lot of assisting and teaching opportunity.
- Shared or single accommodation onsite depending upon availability. An accommodation allowance will be provided if onsite accommodation is not available. Management’s decision will always be the final.
- All meals, tea, coffee, snacks and filtered water etc are free
- One free laundry per week during your stay. 50% discount on additional loads.
- One day off per week.
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM THE KYS?
- Completion dedication and commitment towards the program, physically and mentally.
- Team spirit, leadership skills, proactiveness.
- Assisting the lead teachers in the TTCs and teaching drop-ins
- Helping the KY office.
- Bringing an harmonious energy among the team and the students.
- Helping the management get videos testimonials and reviews.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING
- You must have taken at least one Yoga Teacher Training Course with Sampoorna Yoga online or offline.
- Those who are willing to dedicate eight hours every day, six days a week.
- If selected you will need to pay a REFUNDABLE deposit of €400. It will be re-imbursed to you at the end of successful completion of your commitment. This deposit will be forfeited if you cancel your participation without written approval before joining or suddenly abandon the program during your participation.
REVOKING YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE KY PROGRAM
- School management may cancel a KY’s participation in the program and ask them to leave
- If the management feels that the presence of such a KY is causing conflicts and disharmony in the school.
- If it feels that the KY is not dedicated and committed to the program and is not participating enough.
- If the management feels that the KY is not being a help neither to the students nor the school.