Our Yoga Village
Sampoorna Yoga is located in Agonda Beach, known for its calm and serene environment, it is consistently rated one of the best beaches in Goa and even in India.
At Sampoorna Yoga we have our very own Yoga village that is spread over more than 25,000 Sq meters and includes 43 cottages and 14 rooms. Our three open air yoga studios (shalas) on the hill areas of the property are surrounded by coconut, cashew, and palm trees, and several of our shalas offer a mesmerizing sea view. We also have more yoga studios located in our gardens, surrounded by lush greenery and colourful flowers. The Yoga village is set back from the main road but only a minute walk to the beach, nestled in the middle of beautiful natural surroundings it allows you to relax and enjoy the sound nature, while remaining free from any external disturbances, noises and visitors. It is a safe and welcoming space of self-discovery where you can truly escape.
Our Yoga Village has all the necessary amenities you will need, including; restaurants, chill out and dining areas, Wi-Fi, swings, a movie screen, emergency power back up, security guards 24/7, and CCTV cameras around the entire facility. Hot water is supplied through solar heaters, we recycle, and collect organic disposals to feed the local animals. Our space has been designed to align with our wider purpose and values, respecting the environment and looking after all living beings.
ZEN | SAMPOORNA | ANAYA | SHIVALAYA
All our cottages and rooms are spacious, well–ventilated, and have private bathrooms, free WiFi, comfortable beds with very high-quality pocket spring mattress, mosquito nets, duvet, white linens, big wardrobes with lockers and towels. All of the rooms have air-conditioning.
The bathrooms is equipped with western-style toilet and hot shower (powered by Solar Water Heater). The rooms and bathrooms are cleaned by our housekeeping team two to three times a week, or more if requested. We also provide toilet paper, bed linens, bathing towels and face towels.
- A laundry service is available at a reasonable price.
- At Sampoorna we are 100% vegetarian. We provide you with delicious and nutritious meals following the yogic principles of love and Ahimsa (non violence). Whilst the vast majority of our food is vegan and gluten free, we also offer farm range dairy products such as milk and curd. For example, when we serve masala chai, or tea and coffee, we will always offer a choice between dairy milk and soy milk. The only thing we are unable to provide is dairy free curd. Gluten free, vegan brown bread and gluten free Indian bread/chapatti are also available. Our students will always be able to choose from vegan and vegetarian, and traditional and gluten free options.
- Our menu is Sattvic. Sattvic food is light, healthy and well balanced. Eating in this way keeps the mind and body nourished and light, enabling you to maximize the benefits from both asana and meditation practice. At Sampoorna you will enjoy a wide variety of traditional Indian vegan recipes, freshly prepared with aromatic spices. All our food is prepared with love, care and cleanliness. Our vegetables and fruit are washed with filtered water. Every dish represents the passion we feel for good food.
- We provide three meals a day throughout the course except Saturday dinners and Sunday all meals this is because our Kitchen is deep cleaned and maintained for the week on the weekends. Also there are many interesting restaurants and places to visit around the school and in Agonda or other close by beaches where the students like to visit over the weekend.
- Always available: Herbal tea, black tea, pure Arabica filtered coffee, filtered water.
- Tea Breaks: Cookies, bananas and herbal tea are provided twice a day during breaks between classes
- Gluten free oats, oat porridge, muesli
- One Indian special breakfast everyday like Poha, Upma, Uttappam, Vada, etc.
- Curd, hot and cold milk, hot and cold soya milk, masala chai, soya masala chai, black tea, Arabica coffee, herbal tea
- Fresh tropical and seasonal fruits like banana, papaya, pineapple, watermelon, pears, etc.
- FILTERED WATER: There is unlimited free filtered water available all the time.
- LUNCH and DINNER: Traditional Indian vegan gluten free meals consisting of rice, chapatti (traditional Indian bread), vegetables, daal, (legumes), salad with dressing followed by a sweet treat at dinner.
You will find Sampoorna Yoga in Agonda Beach, South Goa. Agonda, a 3km long stretch of white sand, is well known as one of the most beautiful, isolated, serene, calm and quiet beaches in India, and it is rated as one of the best beaches in Asia. Covered with palm trees and bright, clean water, Agonda is a charming, clean, green and protected bay.
Luckily, Agonda is also the only beach in Goa where salesmen, hawkers and masseurs are not allowed on the beach, so you can truly relax and unwind undisturbed. Its distance from the railway and bus stations also ensure the beach is kept away far enough away to avoid day-trip tourists, maintaining the peaceful, serene ambiance, even at weekends and holiday periods like Christmas and New Year. In Agonda there are no nightclubs, commercial hotels or resorts, although those who want to experience the party scene can do so just 7km away, at Palolem beach. Agonda is the perfect beach to unwind, sunbathe, swim and meditate, and with its west facing shores you can also experience some of the most extraordinarily beautiful tropical sunsets the sub-continent has to offer!
Agonda is 70km from Goa’s Dabolim airport, 40km from Goa’s main railway station Madgaon, 10km from the local railway station Canacona, 7 km from South Goa’s other two main beaches Palolem and Patnem.
HOW TO GET HERE
Goa is an international destination that can be reached by air from almost anywhere in the world. Between October and mid April there are direct chartered flights running regularly to Dabolim, Goa’s main airport. You can also reach Goa from all India’s major domestic airports including Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore,etc. Goa is also well connected both by train and bus to all major Indian cities.
AIRPORT TO AGONDA
Please send us your flight details and we will send a taxi to pick you up @ 30 Euros. The taxi driver will be at the airport with your name on a sign. Your diver will bring you straight to Agonda beach and to your designated accommodation. The trip from the airport takes about 90 minutes by taxi. You can also take a pre-paid taxi from the airport if you prefer to arrange it yourself.
Scooters and bicycles are available for rent. There are plenty of taxis and auto rickshaws available for local travel and for airport pick up/drop off. Agonda has many internet cafes, money exchange points, travel agencies, and one ATM. There are also, more than seven ATMs accepting all international bank cards available within 7km at Canacona Market. You can also take cash out using your credit card with the local money exchangers and travel agents at Agonda beach. In Agonda you will find plenty of good quality, multi-cuisine restaurants that offer food from local and traditional Indian dishes, to international, organic, raw, vegan and vegetarian options.