Our Yoga Village
Sampoorna Yoga is located in Agonda Beach, known for its calm and serene environment, it is consistently rated one of the best beaches in Goa and even in India.
At Sampoorna Yoga we have our very own Yoga village that is spread over more than 25,000 Sq meters and includes 43 cottages and 14 rooms. Our three open air yoga studios (shalas) on the hill areas of the property are surrounded by coconut, cashew, and palm trees, and several of our shalas offer a mesmerizing sea view. We also have more yoga studios located in our gardens, surrounded by lush greenery and colourful flowers. The Yoga village is set back from the main road but only a minute walk to the beach, nestled in the middle of beautiful natural surroundings it allows you to relax and enjoy the sound nature, while remaining free from any external disturbances, noises and visitors. It is a safe and welcoming space of self-discovery where you can truly escape.
Our Yoga Village has all the necessary amenities you will need, including; restaurants, chill out and dining areas, Wi-Fi, swings, a movie screen, emergency power back up, security guards 24/7, and CCTV cameras around the entire facility. Hot water is supplied through solar heaters, we recycle, and collect organic disposals to feed the local animals. Our space has been designed to align with our wider purpose and values, respecting the environment and looking after all living beings.
ZEN | SAMPOORNA | ANAYA | SHIVALAYA
All our cottages and rooms are spacious, well–ventilated, and have private bathrooms, free WiFi, comfortable beds with very high-quality pocket spring mattress, mosquito nets, duvet, white linens, big wardrobes with lockers and towels. All of the rooms have air-conditioning.
The bathrooms is equipped with western-style toilet and hot shower (powered by Solar Water Heater). The rooms and bathrooms are cleaned by our housekeeping team two to three times a week, or more if requested. We also provide toilet paper, bed linens, bathing towels and face towels.
AMENITIES & FOOD
- A laundry service available at a reasonable price.
- From Sep, 2019 onwards Sampoorna Yoga will provide 100% vegan, Sattvik traditional Indian food. Our menu will be very much aligned with what Indian Rishis and Monks have been eating in Spiritual Monasteries and Ashrams for many centuries. Sattvik food is light, healthy and well balanced. This kind of food keeps your mind and body light like a feather so you can have a very peaceful mind and slip into meditation very easily. At Sampoorna, you will find a wide variety of traditional Indian vegan food, with the taste and spice of Indian cuisine. All our food is handled with love, care and cleanliness, our vegetables and fruits are washed with filtered water, and every dish represents the passion we feel for food. Please note that we do not offer any non-vegetarian food (including eggs), or any vegetarian option such as dairy and honey; however, we can cater for a few specific dietary requirements such as a gluten free options. Please inform us of any dietary limitations when you arrive.
See below a sample of our menu:
- BREAKFAST: Oat porridge, muesli, brown bread, fresh tropical and seasonal fruits, herbal tea, sprouts, etc. And one traditional Indian breakfast, once in a while.
- LUNCH and DINNER: Traditional Indian Vegan meals ( rice, traditional Indian bread, vegetables, lentils, beans, etc)
- TEA BREAKS: Traditional yogic ayurvedic herbal tea will be provided during the meals and tea breaks
- FILTERED WATER: There is unlimited free filtered water available all the time.
You will find Sampoorna Yoga in Agonda Beach, South Goa. Agonda, a 3km long stretch of white sand, is well known as one of the most beautiful, isolated, serene, calm and quiet beaches in India, and it is rated as one of the best beaches in Asia. Covered with palm trees and bright, clean water, Agonda is a charming, clean, green and protected bay.
Luckily, Agonda is also the only beach in Goa where salesmen, hawkers and masseurs are not allowed on the beach, so you can truly relax and unwind undisturbed. Its distance from the railway and bus stations also ensure the beach is kept away far enough away to avoid day-trip tourists, maintaining the peaceful, serene ambiance, even at weekends and holiday periods like Christmas and New Year. In Agonda there are no nightclubs, commercial hotels or resorts, although those who want to experience the party scene can do so just 7km away, at Palolem beach. Agonda is the perfect beach to unwind, sunbathe, swim and meditate, and with its west facing shores you can also experience some of the most extraordinarily beautiful tropical sunsets the sub-continent has to offer!
Agonda is 70km from Goa’s Dabolim airport, 40km from Goa’s main railway station Madgaon, 10km from the local railway station Canacona, 7 km from South Goa’s other two main beaches Palolem and Patnem.
HOW TO GET HERE
Goa is an international destination that can be reached by air from almost anywhere in the world. Between October and mid April there are direct chartered flights running regularly to Dabolim, Goa’s main airport. You can also reach Goa from all India’s major domestic airports including Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore,etc. Goa is also well connected both by train and bus to all major Indian cities.
AIRPORT TO AGONDA
Please send us your flight details and we will send a taxi to pick you up @ 30 Euros. The taxi driver will be at the airport with your name on a sign. Your diver will bring you straight to Agonda beach and to your designated accommodation. The trip from the airport takes about 90 minutes by taxi. You can also take a pre-paid taxi from the airport if you prefer to arrange it yourself.
Scooters and bicycles are available for rent. There are plenty of taxis and auto rickshaws available for local travel and for airport pick up/drop off. Agonda has many internet cafes, money exchange points, travel agencies, and one ATM. There are also, more than seven ATMs accepting all international bank cards available within 7km at Canacona Market. You can also take cash out using your credit card with the local money exchangers and travel agents at Agonda beach. In Agonda you will find plenty of good quality, multi-cuisine restaurants that offer food from local and traditional Indian dishes, to international, organic, raw, vegan and vegetarian options.