“If not here, where?”
SAMPOORNA YOGA VILLAGE, GOA, INDIA
Less than 100 m from the beach.
Sampoorna Yoga Village
Agonda beach, where Sampoorna – Yoga Teacher Training School is located, is well known for its calm and serene environment. It’s consistently rated one of the best beaches in Goa, India and even in Asia.
Here are some details about our beautiful yoga heaven:
- Distance from the beach: Less than 100 m. You will reach the sand on the beach in less than one minute by walk.
- Total property Area: five acres (25,000 sq. m)
- Total number of rooms and cottages: 51
- Number of Yoga Studios: Five
- Two yoga studios can accommodate up to 40 students, the remaining three can hold up to 80 students at a time.
- Four Yoga studios have clear sea view.
- All yoga studios are surrounded by a lot of vegetation including palm trees.
- All studios are fully furnished with bolsters, meditation cushions, blankets, water filter etc.
- The Yoga village is absolutely hidden from the main roads which makes it a 100% private property. There is zero noise pollution in our property. Our restaurant is not open to non-participants.
- Wi-Fi, emergency power back up.
- Security guards 24/7, and CCTV cameras around the entire facility.
- Laundry: Available at a reasonable price.
- Gym and calisthenics area: We also have a fully equipped gym and calisthenics area in our property for those who want to use it for nominal charges.
- Swimming Pool
- Other activities around:
- Surfing: Agonda is not a surf beach exactly but it does get some waves consistently on the certain parts of the beach. The waves can be anything between 1 to 1.5 metres high. There are also a couple of surf shops near Sampoorna Yoga.
- Kayaking, dolphin watching, boat and back water trips.
- Light trekking
SAMPOORNA | ANAYA | ZEN
We have three types of accommodation currently. Sampoorna, Anaya ad Zen. The colourful Sampoorna cottages are made from wood while Anaya rooms are made from concrete and wood, and Zen rooms are built in a cabin style. All our cottages and rooms are spacious, well–ventilated, and have private bathrooms, air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, comfortable beds with mosquito nets and big wardrobes. We provide the service of housekeeping twice a week, and supply with bath towels, hand towels, and swimming pool towels.
All our rooms have hot showers but they are dependent upon solar energy and electricity. Since Agonda is a small beach village getting hot water can be tricky sometimes due to fluctuations in voltage. Although water here is never too cold!
- Vegetarian & vegan: Our food is 100% vegetarian and comes along with plenty of vegan and gluten free options. No eggs, no fish, no meat.
- Three full meals a day except Saturday dinner and Sunday lunch.
- Tea/coffee/filtered drinking water: Always available for free
- Snacks: We provide cookies, bananas and herbal tea etc. twice a day during breaks between classes.
- Breakfast: A typical breakfast at Sampoorna will have the following:
- Lots of tropical and seasonal fruits like papaya, banana, pineapple, apple, watermelon etc.
- Oats, muesli, seeds, nuts
- One Indian dish like Poha, Upma, Uttappam, Vada, masala dosa etc.
- Curd, dairy milk, soya milk, masala chai, black tea, coffee, herbal tea
- Lunch: Green leafy salad, soup, fruits, continental, humus etc. along with some Indian options
- Dinner: Traditional Indian vegetarian, vegan meals and deserts
AGONDA BEACH, SOUTH GOA, INDIA
Sampoorna Yoga Teacher Training Retreat is located in Agonda Beach, South Goa. Agonda, a 3.5kms long stretch of almost white sand, is well known for its beauty and quietness.
Since it’s a turtle nesting ground and is well preserved by forest department, there is no night life, no clubs or pubs. No selling activities are allowed on the beach, so you can truly relax and unwind undisturbed. Agonda is the perfect beach to unwind, sunbathe, swim and meditate, and with its west facing shores you can also experience some of the most beautiful sunsets the sub-continent has to offer!
Agonda is 70 km from Goa’s International airports.
HOW TO GET HERE
Goa has two international airports that can be reached by air from almost anywhere in the world. You can also reach Goa from all the major domestic airports of India like Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad etc. Goa is also well connected both by train and bus from all major Indian cities.
AIRPORT TO AGONDA
It takes nearly 90 minutes from the airport to Sampoorna Yoga by a car. You can either book an authorised pre-paid taxi at the airport itself or ask us to send one for you. Please send us your flight details and we will send a taxi to pick you up @ 30 Euros.
- ATMs and foreign exchanges
- Scooters and bikes for rent
- Taxis and rickshaws
- Boat trips, kayaks, surf boards etc.
- Small pharmacies for daily needs
- A medical clinic
See what hundreds of Sampoorna graduates have to say about our school.
Director & Senior Teacher of Sampoorna Yoga speaking about his experience with Sampoorna Yoga, India.
Our ex-sampoorna yoga teacher training students speaking about their experience with Sampoorna Yoga, India.
Our teachers and ex-sampoorna yoga teacher training students speaking about their experience with Sampoorna Yoga, India.
YOGA ALLIANCE CERTIFIED COURSES!
All the Sampoorna Yoga’s Teacher Training Courses are registered with Yoga Alliance. Once you graduate from our school, you will be eligible to register as a Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance anywhere in the world. This certification enables you to teach in any and all the countries in the world.