“Now is the right time”
100-HOUR YOGA TTC – OVERVIEW
ASHTANGA YOGA & VINYASA FLOW
Sampoorna in Sanskrit means ‘full, absolute, total, whole and complete. Therefore, Sampoorna Yoga means ‘complete yoga or absolute yoga’. We teach yoga as a lifestyle, as a whole, and focus on all the eight limbs of yoga, not just on asana. Our 100-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course is a program designed to give you the basic knowledge, skills, and confidence to practice yoga based on the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series and Vinyasa Flow.
Our 100-hour Yoga Teacher Training course is based on the traditional Ashtanga Yoga system established by Sage Patanjali more than 3000 years ago. The asana part is mainly derived from the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary series and Vinyasa Flow. Our comprehensive curriculum covers asana practice, pranayama, meditation, and philosophy classes. Apart from the Modified Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series you will also practice Vinyasa Flow and some Yin Yoga classes (as a bonus!)
Although we are traditional in our teachings but modern and unorthodox in our approach. We strongly encourage you to bring your own creativity, intuition and spiritual experiences into your learning. We don’t follow any religion or dogma in our teachings.
Our 100-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training course is for you:
- If you are already a qualified yoga teacher in any style other than Ashtanga Vinyasa or Vinyasa Flow and want to learn how to practice these two other styles, or
- If you have taken an online Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga teacher training course and want to have an in-person experience, or
- If you are already a qualified Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga teacher but want to refresh your knowledge and skills about Ashtanga Vinyasa, or
- If you love yoga and want to learn how to practice Ashtanga Vinyasa and Vinyasa Flow even though you don’t want to become a yoga teacher, or
- If you just want refresh your knowledge and deepen your practice, or
- If you want to immerse in a yoga course that offers you more knowledge, practice and tools than a yoga retreat.
You will receive a 100-hour yoga teacher training certificate at the successful completion of the course. If you are already a qualified 200-hour Yoga Teacher in any style from any school then you can register this certificate with Yoga Alliance USA as CEPs.
The participants of this course are in the same group of the 200-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga YTTC. You will participate of some classes, others are optional, and others are exclusive of the 200hr YTTC. You need to make sure that you attend at least 100-hours of training. Bear in mind that you will only get 100-hour Teacher Training Certification of Participation (which does not allow you to teach yoga).
Classes Included in This Course:
- ASHTANGA VINYASA
- VINYASA FLOW
- ALIGNMENT & ADJUSTMENT (in these classes, students learn how to adjust others when teaching yoga, but if you want to participate and learn about it, you can do so)
Classes NOT Included: (exclusive for the 200hr YTTC)
- Teaching Techniques
- Introduction to and history of Ashtanga Vinyasa system.
- The four elements of Ashtanga yoga; Vinyasa, Ujjayi pranayama, bandhas and drishti.
- Modified Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series: Standing asanas, seated asanas, finishing asanas.
- Ashtanga yoga practice (modified version): 90-minute class, three times a week .
- How to use props in various postures.
- How to modify the poses.
VINYASA FLOW, YIN YOGA, PARTNER YOGA
- 90-minute long intermediate Vinyasa Flow practice thrice a week in the morning
- 60-minute long intermediate Vinyasa Flow practice thrice a week in the afternoon
- Two Yin classes during the course
- Two Partner Yoga classes during the course
- Introduction to pranayama
- Prana, breath and pranayama
- The science and anatomy of pranayama
- Pranic body and spiritual significance of pranayama
- Types of pranayama you will practice in this course: Nadi Shodhana, kapalbhati, bhastrika, ujjayi, bhramari, surya bheda.
- How to practice pranayama
- Meditation: Introduction, definition and aim
- Science of meditation
- Effects of meditation on brain and mind
- How to meditate
- Types of meditation to be covered: Chakra meditation, Kundalini meditation, Om meditation, Nada meditation, Mantra meditation, Antara mauna, Chidakash Dharana, Vippassana and insight meditation.
- Yoga: History, meaning and lifestyle
- Four paths of yoga: Jnana Yoga, Raja Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga
- Ashtanga yoga & Patanjali Yoga Sutra
- The eight limbs of Ashtanga Yoga
- The yogic life style
- Obstacles on the path of yoga and means to overcome them
- Importance of satsang and sangha
- Concepts of three gunas: Satva, Rajas, Tamas.
- Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
Our functional anatomy classes ensure an understanding of the key muscles and bones involved in asana practice and their associated health benefits and contraindications. Substantial emphasis is placed on analytic training, muscular and skeletal anatomy, individual physical limitations and differences. The specially designed practical anatomy classes are the back bone of the alignment classes. Not only will you be taught these lectures in the class room but you will also be given access to our pre-recorded anatomy module taught by our co-founder Eli Aguilar. We highly encourage you to finish this module before coming to the course. Our anatomy module covers the following:
- The basics:
- Skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, and movements of the major joints of the body
- Functional anatomy: Concepts of functional anatomy and physiology related to movement.
- Application of anatomical principles to yoga practice:
- Mechanics of yoga asana
- Healthy patterns of movement
- Muscular and skeletal differences i.e. compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory.
- Study of different regions of the body: The foot, knee, hips, spine, and shoulder
Pre-study: As soon as you book the course, you will receive access to our Pre-Study Online Module. This module is not mandatory but highly recommended. You will have lifetime access to this material.
*Weekends: Saturday half day. Sundays off.
DATES & FEES
“If not you, who? If not now, when?” ~The Talmud
DATES & AVAILABILITY
- Early Bird Discount:
- €100 Euros: 60 days before course start date
- The course fee is in Euros and inclusive of all taxes.
- Included in the fee: Training, accommodation and meals only.
- Not included: Travel, insurance, any other liability etc.
- Airport transfers: Available at INR 2400-3000 depending upon type of the taxis
- Check-in: From 16.00 pm onwards on course start date.
- Check-out: Before 10.00 am on course end date.
- Orientation meetings: Are held between 4-5 pm on the course start date.
- Accommodation: All are accommodations are air-con and have private hot showers. We will always give you the accommodation agreed upon but life happens and sometimes we may have to make changes if required due to the circumstances beyond our control. Please check our Yoga Village page for options, pictures and more detailed information about the accommodation.
- Please check our refund policies here
HOW TO BOOK
- Application: Complete the online application form. If you don’t hear back from us within 24 hours, please send us an email at [email protected]. Please always check your spam if you don’t see our response within 24 hours. You can also contact us at our Whatsapp number +919056007148 for status of your application.
- Booking amount: Once accepted in the course you will be asked to pay a non-refundable but transferrable booking fee of €400 or INR 34,000 via PayPal/ Wise/ Googlepay / direct Bank Transfer. Your place on the course will be confirmed only upon receipt of the deposit amount. This fee will be adjusted in your total course fee.
- Remaining balance: Upon arrival at Sampoorna Yoga, Goa by cash, debit or credit card, or PayPal.
- Refund Policy