Our 200-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training course is an intensive program designed to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to teach classes based on the Ashtanga Primary Series and Vinyasa Flow style. Your teacher training journey with us is as much about deepening your own practice and individuality as it is about gaining the skills to teach others. We passionately believe in the significance of your own journey of discovery and experience on the development of your unique personal voice and style as a teacher.
ASHTANGA & VINYASA FLOW
Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course is based on the eight limbs of Ashtanga yoga, not just on the Asana practice. There is a lot of emphasis placed on Yamas, Niyamas, Pranayama, concentration, meditation techniques and mindfulness too. This comprehensive curriculum also covers Yoga philosophy based on the Yoga Sutras, yogic lifestyle and ethics, yogic diet, anatomy and physiology for yoga teachers and practitioners, among other topics related to the practice of cultivating a balanced life. We are unorthodox and open in our approach towards yoga. We strongly encourage you to bring your own creativity, intuition and spiritual experiences into your teaching styles. We don’t follow any religion or schema in our courses.
At the end of the course you will be ready to practice the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series as self-practice, to teach classes based on this style of yoga, and also to create your own Vinyasa flow sequences with various themes.
You will also have the benefit of exposure to other styles of asana practice, including Yin and restorative yoga, in order to develop your experience and knowledge of other yoga traditions and styles during the course.
DEEPEN YOUR PRACTICE
By attending the Sampoorna Yoga 200-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training you will:
- Learn to teach and to practice a broad range of yoga asanas.
- Experience how to draw on the physical, emotional, energetic and spiritual benefits of yoga asanas.
- Learn the appropriate and correct alignments for each individual.
- Explore the modifications and variations of the most common asanas.
- Learn and practice the art of hands-on-adjustment.
- Understand the basic concepts of functional anatomy applied to yoga practice.
- Experience and practice different pranayama and meditation techniques.
THE ESSENTIALS OF ANATOMY
Our functional anatomy classes ensure an understanding of the key muscles and bones involved in asana practice and their associated health benefits and contraindications. Substantial emphasis is placed on analytic training, muscular and skeletal anatomy, individual limitations and differences. The specially designed practical anatomy classes are the back bone of the alignment classes.
THE ART OF TEACHING
“The best way to learn is to teach” – Frank Oppenheimer
Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course will help you to deepen your connection with your inner being, your emotions, feelings and thoughts. This process will enable you to teach from your heart and from personal experience rather than just from memory and words. Our Yoga Teacher Training program is a practical training course designed to help you to become a confident and effective Yoga teacher for all level of students. By the end of the course you will be able to teach mixed-level open yoga class confidently.
Since we offer you a practical approach, there will be lots of opportunities for you to teach. From day one, you will start teaching one-on-one and then progress to teaching larger groups towards the end of the course.
You will learn the principles of sequencing in order to create Vinyasa Flow sequences based on a chosen theme. There will be lots of guidance on how to improve and enhance your teaching skills and how to plan and structure a class.
You will also have regular opportunities to practice hands-on adjustments during classes, supervised by your teacher and supported by the assistant teachers.
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU IF
- You have been practicing yoga -intensively and continuously- and want to move to the next level.
- You want to learn how to get harmony between body, mind and soul.
- You want to deepen your personal asana and meditation practice.
- You want to learn and practice in a compassionate and non-competitive yet challenging environment.
- Are looking for a comprehensive, safe, well/structured, anatomically precise yet intuitive approach.
- You wish to explore the subtler and deeper level of awareness.
- You have a strong desire and urge to share this art of living with others.
- You are ready to learn yoga beyond asanas.
You will receive a 200-hour certification eligible to be registered with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK and Yoga Alliance US.