- Ashtanga Yoga: Introduction to and history of the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series and the four elements of Ashtanga yoga; Vinyasa, Ujjayi Breath, Bandhas and Dhristi. You will practice the Primary Series three times a week.
- Vinyasa flow: Dynamic flows practiced four to five times a week, principles of sequencing, designing and teaching Vinyasa Flow classes.
- Other styles of Yoga: You will also get to practice other styles of yoga such as; partner yoga, yin and restorative yoga, during the course.
ALIGNMENT AND ADJUSTMENT WORKSHOPS
During the first two weeks of the course, you will receive a daily two-hour workshop focused on alignment and adjustment techniques for the main postures of the Ashtanga Yoga primary series and a few other more advance postures. This workshops will also include modifications, advance variations, adequate use of props, postures clinics (arm balances, backbends, inversions, among others), and regular hands-on adjustments practice.
THE ART OF TEACHING
TEACHING PRACTICE, METHODOLOGY AND TECHNIQUE
“The best way to learn is to teach” – Frank Oppenheimer
Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course will help you to deepen your connection with your inner being, your emotions, feelings and thoughts. This process will enable you to teach from your heart and personal experience rather than just from mouth and memory. Our Yoga Teacher Training program is a practical training course designed to help you to become a confident and effective Yoga teacher for all level of students. By the end of the course you will be able to teach mixed-level open yoga class confidently.
Since we offer you a practical approach, there will be lots of opportunities for you to teach. From day two, you will start teaching one-on-one and then progress to teaching larger groups towards the end of the course. You will receive feedback from your teachers and your classmates as well, to help you to improve and to find your unique voice and style as a teacher
You will learn the principles of sequencing in order to create Vinyasa Flow sequences based on a chosen theme. There will be lots of guidance on how to improve and enhance your teaching skills and how to plan and structure a class.
In addition, you will learn about the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, verbal instructions, teaching styles, the qualities of a teacher, voice projection, floor presence, planning and structuring a class, alignment and hands-on-adjustment, dealing with injuries and safety precautions, business aspects of teaching yoga, ethics and much more.
PRANAYAMA AND MEDITATION
You will learn and practice different breathing and meditation techniques every day throughout the complete course namely nadi shodhana, kapalbhati, bhastrika, ujjayi and bhramari
You will receive around fourteen classes on yoga philosophy. Ten are mandatory and the other four, also known as Satsangs, are optional. Satsangs are open and interactive philosophy classes where you are free to ask questions related to spirituality, meditation or any other enquiry related to your spiritual quest.
- Meaning of yoga, concepts, history
- Four paths of yoga (Jnana, Raja, Bhakti, Karma Yoga)
- Nadis (energy channels), Chakras, kundalini
- Vedas and six systems of Indian philosophy
- Ashtanga yoga (Raja Yoga): aim of yoga, modification of mind, mental disposition, meaning of OM, eight limbs of yoga, Kriya yoga, Samyama yoga, Samadhi (enlightenment)
- Mudras, Bandhas & Kriyas: Introduction, different types, practice and its integration with meditation
- Obstacles on the path of yoga, means to overcome obstacles
- Concepts of Gunas (Satva, Rajas, Tamas) and their applications in daily life. Effects of food in Gunas
- Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
THE ESSENTIALS OF ANATOMY
Our functional anatomy classes ensure an understanding of the key muscles and bones involved in asana practice and their associated health benefits and contraindications. Substantial emphasis is placed on analytic training, muscular and skeletal anatomy, individual limitations and differences. The specially designed practical anatomy classes are the back bone of the alignment classes. You will learn the following in the anatomy classes
- Basic concepts of functional anatomy and physiology related to movement.
- Application of anatomical principles to yoga practice (mechanics of yoga asana, its benefits and contraindications, healthy patterns of movement, etc).
- Practical anatomy with a major emphasis on the skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, and movements of the major joints of the body.
- Muscular and skeletal differences i.e. compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory.
- Study of different regions of the body: The foot, knee, hips, spine, and shoulder.
THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
In this class, your teachers will guide you through how to develop your career as a yoga teacher, setting up your own studio, school or yoga retreat center, marketing strategies, advertising and PR, ethics in yoga business, building network with other yoga teachers, schools, studios and retreats, among other topics related.