“If not now, when?”
200-HOUR YOGA TTC – OVERVIEW
ASHTANGA YOGA & VINYASA FLOW
Sampoorna in Sanskrit means ‘full, absolute, total, whole and complete. Therefore, Sampoorna Yoga means ‘complete yoga or absolute yoga’. We teach yoga as a lifestyle, as a whole, and focus on all the eight limbs of yoga, not just on asana. Our 200-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course is an intensive program designed to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to practice and teach yoga based on the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series and Vinyasa Flow.
Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course is based on the traditional Ashtanga Yoga system established by Sage Patanjali more than 3000 years ago. The asana part is mainly derived from the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary series and Vinyasa Flow. Our comprehensive curriculum covers asana, pranayama, meditation, philosophy, alignment, adjustment and a lot of teaching practice. Apart from the Ashtanga Yoga Primary series you will also learn a lot of Vinyasa flows and how to create your own Vinyasa Flow sequences.
Although we are traditional in our teachings but modern and unorthodox in our approach. We strongly encourage you to bring your own creativity, intuition and spiritual experiences into your learning and teaching styles. We don’t follow any religion or dogma in our teachings.
Our 200-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training course is for you if:
- You want to develop a deeper understanding of yoga, yogic philosophy and the yogic lifestyle.
- You want to take your asana, pranayama and meditation practice to the next level.
- You want to learn and practice in a compassionate, non-competitive yet challenging environment.
- You are looking for a comprehensive, safe, well structured, anatomically precise yet intuitive approach.
- You want to share the teachings of yoga with others and help them lead a happy, content and meaningful life.
You will receive a 200-hour yoga teacher training certification eligible to be registered with Yoga Alliance USA.
- Introduction to and history of Ashtanga Vinyasa system.
- The four elements of Ashtanga yoga; Vinyasa, Ujjayi pranayama, bandhas and drishti.
- Modified Ashtanga yoga primary series: Standing asanas, seated asanas, finishing asanas.
- Ashtanga yoga practice (modified version): 90-minute class, three times a week .
- Alignment & modification workshops: Two hours daily workshops. In this class we teach you how to practice all the asanas with proper alignment and how to modify them when necessary.
- How to use props in various postures.
- Teaching practice: This class is all about learning and practicing how to teach ashtanga yoga and vinyasa flow classes. You will start practice teaching from the day one, starting from one-to-one to larger groups. You will be supervised and guided by senior teachers.
- Hands-on adjustment workshops: In these classes we will teach you the art of hands-on adjustment.
VINYASA FLOW, YIN YOGA, PARTNER YOGA
- 90-minute long intermediate Vinyasa Flow practice thrice a week in the morning
- 60-minute long intermediate Vinyasa Flow practice thrice a week in the afternoon
- Two Yin classes during the course
- Two to three partner yoga classes during the course
- Principles and art of sequencing
- Learning how to create your own Vinyasa flow classes
- Receiving and sharing feedback on your classes as well as other’s
- Student teaching teaching practice starting from the day two and teaching every alternate day. This means a lot of teaching practice opportunites and feedback.
- Introduction to pranayama
- Prana, breath and pranayama
- The science and anatomy of pranayama
- Pranic body and spiritual significance of pranayama
- Types of pranayama you will practice in this course: Nadi Shodhana, kapalbhati, bhastrika, ujjayi, bhramari, surya bheda.
- How to practice and teach pranayama
- Meditation: Introduction, definition and aim
- Science of meditation
- Effects of meditation on brain and mind
- How to meditate
- How to teach meditation
- Types of meditation to be covered: Chakra meditation, Kundalini meditation, Om meditation, Nada meditation, Mantra meditation, Antara mauna, Chidakash Dharana, Vippassana and insight meditation.
- Yoga: History, meaning and lifestyle
- Four paths of yoga: Jnana Yoga, Raja Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga
- Ashtanga yoga & Patanjali Yoga Sutra
- The eight limbs of Ashtanga Yoga
- The yogic life style
- Obstacles on the path of yoga and means to overcome them
- Importance of satsang and sangha
- Concepts of three gunas: Satva, Rajas, Tamas.
- Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
Our functional anatomy classes ensure an understanding of the key muscles and bones involved in asana practice and their associated health benefits and contraindications. Substantial emphasis is placed on analytic training, muscular and skeletal anatomy, individual physical limitations and differences. The specially designed practical anatomy classes are the back bone of the alignment classes. Not only will you be taught these lectures in the class room but you will also be given access to our pre-recorded anatomy module taught by our co-founder Eli Aguilar. We highly encourage you to finish this module before coming to the course. Our anatomy module covers the following:
- The basics:
- Skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, and movements of the major joints of the body
- Functional anatomy: Concepts of functional anatomy and physiology related to movement.
- Application of anatomical principles to yoga practice:
- Mechanics of yoga asana
- Healthy patterns of movement
- Muscular and skeletal differences i.e. compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory.
- Study of different regions of the body: The foot, knee, hips, spine, and shoulder
BUSINESS OF YOGA
- How to develop your career as a yoga teacher.
TEACHING PRACTICE, METHODOLOGY AND TECHNIQUE
“The best way to learn is to teach” – Frank Oppenheimer
Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course will help you to deepen your connection with your emotions and feelings which will empower you to teach from your heart. Our Yoga Teacher Training program is a practical training designed to help you become a confident and effective Yoga teacher for all level of students.
- Ashtanga Yoga: How to teach Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series class or classes based on Ashtanga.
- Principles of sequencing a Vinyasa Flow class
- How to create your own sequences
- How to teach a vinyasa flow class
- Teaching practice: There will be a lot of opportunities for teaching practice. From day one, you will start teaching one-on-one and then progress to teaching larger groups towards the end of the course.
- Teaching feedback: You will receive feedback on your teachings from your classmates and teachers, to help you to improve your teaching skills and to find your unique voice and style as a teacher
- In addition, you will learn
- Principles of demonstration.
- Teaching styles and Qualities of a good yoga teacher.
- Voice projection, floor presence, safety.
- Hands-on adjustments
- Ethics of a good yoga teacher and much more.
- By the end of the course, you will be able to teach Ashtanga Yoga classes, Vinyasa flow class and mixed-level open yoga classes confidently.
Pre-study non-contact hours::
- This pre-study is not mandatory to finish before you join the course but highly recommended.
- Once you have booked your place in the course; we will give you access to an online module which covers the bonus non-contact hours of the training.
- This online module is a combination of pre-recorded classes and the teacher training manual.
- This module covers a big portion of yoga anatomy as well as a few classes on pranayama, meditation and philosophy. It also has a few Ashtanga and Vinyasa classes so that you can start practicing at home if you don’t have access to a yoga studio.
- We strongly encourage you to watch and finish the anatomy section before starting the in-person training at Goa with us as this will enhance the quality of your in-person training with us at Sampoorna Yoga, Goa.
*Weekends: Saturdays classes will finish at 4.00 pm. Sundays off.
DATES & FEES
“If not you, who? If not now, when?” ~The Talmud
DATES & AVAILABILITY
- Early Bird Discount:
- €100 Euros: 60 days before course start date
- The course fee is in Euros and inclusive of all taxes.
- Included in the fee: Training, accommodation and meals only.
- Not included: Travel, insurance, any other liability etc.
- Airport transfers: Available at INR 2400-3000 depending upon type of the taxis
- Check-in: From 16.00 pm onwards on course start date.
- Check-out: Before 10.00 am on course end date.
- Orientation meetings: Are held between 4-5 pm on the course start date.
- Accommodation: We have two types of accommodation named Sampoorna and Anaya. All rooms are air-con and have private hot showers. We will always give you the accommodation agreed upon but life happens and sometimes we may have to make changes if required due to the circumstances beyond our control. Please check our Yoga Village page for pictures and more detailed information about the accommodation.
- Please check our refund policies here
HOW TO BOOK
- Application: Complete the online application form. If you don’t hear back from us within 24 hours, please send us an email at [email protected]. Please always check your spam if you don’t see our response within 24 hours. You can also contact us at our Whatsapp number +919056007148 for status of your application.
- Booking amount: Once accepted in the course you will be asked to pay a non-refundable but transferrable booking fee of €400 or INR 34,000 via PayPal/ Wise/ Googlepay / direct Bank Transfer. Your place on the course will be confirmed only upon receipt of the deposit amount. This fee will be adjusted in your total course fee.
- Remaining balance: Upon arrival at Sampoorna Yoga, Goa by cash, debit or credit card, or PayPal.
- Refund Policy