Yoga and Adventure: Exploring Bali Beyond the Mat
Bali, the perfect location for a yoga teacher training course (TTC), Bali is a haven for spiritual seekers, yogis and adventure enthusiasts. Known as the ‘Island of the Gods’, with no shortage of tranquil landscapes and vibrant cultural offerings, Bali is also a treasure trove of thrilling and sporty activities. While you are there for a yoga teacher training course, you can either explore these activities on days that you have off (generally Sundays) or extend your stay in Bali to satisfy the adventurous bug in you. So upon completing your yoga teacher certification, Bali, you’ll not only return from a transformative, inward journey, but also feeling invigorated from exploring outdoor activities.
Let’s go beyond the mat to explore the adventure sports you can indulge in on the island, providing the perfect balance during your yoga teaching course, Bali.
- Surfing: Known as one of Bali’s premier surf spots, Canggu offers the perfect playground for both beginners and experienced surfers. After a rejuvenating week of yoga sessions, head to the renowned Echo Beach or Batu Bolong to catch some waves. Numerous surf schools line the shores, offering expert guidance for those looking to ride the Bali waves for the first time. During your yoga instructor course, Bali, it’s the perfect time to hit exploring surfing!
- White Water Rafting: For an adrenaline-pumping experience, venture into the heart of Bali’s lush jungles and tackle the rapids of the Ayung River. White water rafting not only provides an exhilarating physical workout but also offers a unique perspective of Bali’s scenic landscapes. Imagine paddling through dense tropical forests and cascading waterfalls, creating memories that will stay with you long after the rapids subside.
- Mountain Biking: Get ready for an adventurous ride through Bali’s interior by exploring its picturesque landscapes on a mountain bike. Ubud, the cultural heart of Bali, is surrounded by lush rice terraces and rolling hills. Rent a bike and traverse the narrow paths, passing through traditional villages and absorbing the rich Balinese culture. This outdoor adventure also complements the introspective nature of yoga, providing a well-rounded experience.
- Trekking: Challenge your physical and mental limits by embarking on a pre-dawn trek to the summit of Mount Batur. This active volcano offers a breathtaking sunrise view that makes the early morning ascent worthwhile. The trek is moderate in difficulty, making it accessible to most fitness levels. Witnessing the sunrise from the top is not only a rewarding physical achievement but also a spiritually uplifting experience during your yoga instructor certification, Bali.
- Diving in Tulamben: Bali’s underwater world is as magical as its landscapes. After a week of intensive yoga practice, take a break and explore the vibrant marine life in Tulamben. The USAT Liberty shipwreck, a popular dive site, is home to an array of colorful coral formations and diverse marine species. Dive into the crystal-clear waters and lose yourself in the mesmerizing beauty of Bali’s underwater realm.
- Paragliding: For those seeking a literal bird’s eye view of Bali, paragliding in Timbis is an unmissable experience. Glide through the sky and witness the island’s stunning landscapes from above. The thrill of soaring over the cliffs and beaches is unmatched, providing a sense of freedom and exhilaration. Paragliding offers a unique perspective on Bali’s beauty, creating memories that will stay etched in your mind forever.
- Yoga and Waterfall Meditation in Munduk: After an intense week of asana sessions during your yoga instructor training, Bali, the weekend is the perfect time to take in the raw power of nature by practicing amidst the serene waterfalls of Munduk. This lesser-known gem in the northern part of Bali offers a peaceful escape from the bustling tourist spots. Engage in a grounding yoga session, strike a stunning yoga pose or do a blissful meditation surrounded by the soothing sounds of cascading water, creating a harmonious blend of spiritual practice and natural beauty.
- Go rock climbing: Uluwatu, with its dramatic cliffs and stunning ocean views, provides an excellent backdrop for rock climbing enthusiasts. Head to the cliffs and challenge yourself with various climbing routes suitable for all skill levels. Feel the rush of adrenaline as you conquer the heights, and reward yourself with breathtaking panoramic views of the Indian Ocean. Enjoy the amazing feeling of pushing your boundaries in the great outdoors while also going through deep change internally during your yoga teacher training, Bali.
- Zip-lining in Bedugul: Bedugul, located in the central highlands of Bali, offers an exhilarating zip-lining experience amidst lush forests and over pristine lakes. Soar through the treetops and embrace the feeling of freedom as you traverse the zip-line courses. This adventure activity is a perfect way to inject some excitement into your yoga teacher training journey while appreciating Bali’s natural beauty from a different perspective.
- Sailing: A perfect way to cap off your stay in Bali is with a sailing trip to Nusa Penida, an island known for its rugged cliffs, crystal-clear waters, and diverse marine life. If you’re trying sailing towards the end of your yoga course, after weeks of immersive yoga practices and self-discovery, it is the perfect time to explore the underwater world by snorkeling or diving off the shores of Nusa Penida. Sailing during sunset provides a magical end to your yoga teacher training Bali adventure.
With this, you’ll fly back having completed your 200 hour yoga teacher training, Bali, and having explored many adventure sports in Bali – maybe even for the first time! With a harmonious blend of spirituality and adventure, the island offers a diverse range of activities to complement your yoga teacher training course. Whether you’re riding the waves in Canggu, trekking the majestic Mount Batur, or soaring through the skies in Timbis, the Island of the Gods is sure to provide an unforgettable and transformative experience. Embrace the balance of physical activity and spiritual growth during your yoga TTC in Bali , ensuring you leave the island with a complete, holistic experience. A mesmerizing and wonderful time to let go, discover, grow and transform, a yoga in Bali course is the perfect place for an inward and outward journey.