HATHA YOGA & KUNDALINI YOGA
TEACHER TRAINING (200-HOUR)
200-HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING – OVERVIEW
Sampoorna in Sanskrit means ‘full, absolute, total, whole and complete. Therefore, Sampoorna Yoga means ‘complete yoga or absolute yoga’. We teach yoga as a lifestyle, as a whole, and focus on all the eight limbs of yoga, not just on asana. Our 200-hour Hatha and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training is an intensive program designed to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to practice and teach traditional hatha & kundalini yoga techniques.
This 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course is based on the traditional Hatha and Kundalini Yoga system established by many ancient yogis like Swami Gorakhnath and Swami Atmaram more than 1500 years ago.
The word Hatha is made of two mantras: ham (sun) and tham (moon). Therefore, Hatha yoga means ‘yoga of balance or yoga which brings balance to the body, mind and soul’. Technically speaking, hatha yoga is the branch of yoga which produces equilibrium between the two major energy nadis named ida (moon) and pingala (sun) so that we can prepare the body and mind for meditation.
Hatha yoga techniques include a slow, soft and meditative approach to asana practice with a great focus on pranayama and meditation, as well as yogic cleansing techniques known as shatkarma. Our comprehensive curriculum comprises of the study of ancient philosophy texts, asana, pranayama, meditation, alignment, adjustment, and provides heaps of teaching practice opportunities.
Although we are traditional in our teachings, we are modern and unorthodox in our approach. We strongly encourage you to bring your own creativity, intuition and spiritual experiences into your learning and teaching styles. We don’t follow any religion or dogma in our teachings; we live yoga as a lifestyle.
In this course you will not only be able to deepen your physical practice but also your spiritual understanding of yoga; expand your knowledge of asanas by paying attention to the key alignments and anatomical structures involved; and gain in-depth knowledge of pranayama, meditation, kundalini awakening exercises, kriyas, Shatakarma, and other ancient yogic practices.
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU,
- If you love yoga and want to immerse deeply into the practice of traditional yoga techniques, and the yogic lifestyle for your own spiritual upliftment.
- If you want to take your asana, pranayama, and meditation practice to the next level.
- If you want to develop your understanding of yoga in its true context, the context which goes beyond the physical body and postures.
- If you want to enhance your knowledge of traditional Yoga Philosophy, Meditation, Pranayama, and other yoga techniques.
- If you want to learn how to apply philosophy of yoga into your day-to-day life.
- If you want to learn and practice in a compassionate, non-competitive yet challenging environment.
- If you are looking for a yoga teacher training with a comprehensive, safe, well-structured, anatomically precise yet spiritual approach.
- If you want to develop a career where you can truly help people to transform their bodies, minds and souls in a holistic way.
- If you are searching for best Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training and Hatha Yoga Training in India.
- If you are looking for Kundalini Yoga Certification
Upon successfully completing the course, you will receive a 200-hour yoga teacher training certification eligible to be registered with Yoga Alliance USA.
This yoga teacher training program is like a two in one program which gives you the benefits and knowledge of both 200-hour hatha yoga teacher training as well as 200-hour kundalini yoga teacher training.
During our 200-hour Hatha and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Course, you will learn and practice ancient asanas, pranayama, meditation, and kundalini kriya techniques. You will have regular teaching opportunities and also receive feedback from teachers and classmates to improve your teaching skills.
HATHA & KUNDALINI YOGA
- Introduction to and history of Hatha and kundalini Yoga.
- Traditional Hatha and Kundalini Yoga Sun Salutations, standing, seated and finishing asanas.
- 90-minute intermediate traditional Hatha and Kundalini Yoga Sequence practice everyday once or twice.
- Alignment & modifications two-hour daily workshops: During this daily class you learn how to practice asanas with appropriate alignment and how to modify them when/if necessary, according to the Hatha tradition. And also, how to use props such as blocks, bolsters, straps, blankets, and walls in various postures.
- Hands-on adjustment workshops: In these classes you will learn how to give verbal and hands-on adjustments to your students in a safe environment. This will help you not only correct their alignment but also help them deepen their postures.
- Posture clinics: There are two optional posture clinics every week where you can work on your posture on one-on-one basis with the teachers.
YOGA ASANA PRACTICE
- 90-minute intermediate traditional Hatha and Kundalini Yoga Sequence practice once or twice everyday.
- Two Yin yoga classes during the course
- One partner yoga class during the course
- Introduction to pranayama
- Definition of prana, breath and pranayama
- The science and anatomy of pranayama
- Gross body (sthula sharira), subtle body (sukshma sharira) and causal body (karana sharira)
- Pancha koshas (the five sheaths/five bodies),
- Pranic body and spiritual significance of pranayama
- Types of breathing and their practice: abdominal breathing, thoracic breathing, clavicular breathing, full yogic breathing
- Types of pranayama and their practice: Anulom vilom, nadi shodhana, kapalbhati, bhastrika, ujjayi, bhramari, surya bhedan pranayama
- How to teach pranayama
- Meditation: Introduction, definition and aim
- Science of meditation
- Effects of meditation on the brain and mind
- How to meditate
- How to teach meditation
- Types of meditation to be covered: Kundalini meditation, Chakra meditation, Om meditation, Nada meditation, Mantra meditation, Antara mauna, Chidakash Dharana.
SHATKARMA (YOGIC CLEANSING TECHNIQUES)
- Introduction to shatkarmas
- Benefits of shatkarma
- Types and practice of shatkarmas:
- Neti (nasal cleansing),
- Shankha Prakshalana (cleansing of the entire digestive tract)
- Agnisar Kriya (activating the digestive fire)
- Vaman Dhauti (regurgitative cleansing)
- Vastra Dhauti (upper digestive tract cleansing)
- Nauli (abdominal massaging)
- Basti (yogic enema)
- Kapalbhati (frontal brain cleansing)
- Trataka (concentrated candle gazing)
BANDHAS AND MUDRAS
- Science and philosophy of bandhas and mudras
- Theory and practice of Bandhas: moola bandha (root lock), uddiyana bandha (abdomen lock), jalandhara bandha (neck lock), maha bandha (great lock)
- Five groups of Mudras: hand mudras, head mudras, postural mudras, lock mudras, perineal mudras
- Theory and practice of basic mudras like jnana mudra, chin mudra, yoni mudra, bhairava mudra, hridaya mudra, shambhavi mudra, nasikagra mudra, shanmukhi mudra, unmani mudra, etc.
- Yoga: History, meaning and lifestyle
- Four paths of yoga: Jnana Yoga, Raja Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga
- Important Hatha yoga scriptures
- The yogic life style
- Importance of satsang and sangha
- Concepts of three gunas: Satva, Rajas, Tamas.
- Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
- Hatha yoga
- Introduction to hatha yoga
- The subtle energy channels: The main nadis: Ida, Pingla and Sushumna
- Introduction to chakras.
- Evolution through the chakras
- Seven chakras: Moladhara, swadhisthana, manipura, anahata, vishuddhi, ajna, bindu and sahasrara
- Chakra sadhana and meditations
- Methods and preparation of awakening
- Kundalini yoga:
In this Kundalini Certification you will learn the following spiritual aspects of Kundalini Yoga
- Introduction to kundalini
- What is kundalini
- Kundalini physiology and the brain
- Methods and preparation of awakening
- Diets and precautions
- Risks and precautions
- Experiences of awakening
- The path of kriya yoga
- Various kundalini meditations
- In this Kundalini Certification you will learn the following spiritual aspects of Kundalini Yoga
Our functional anatomy classes ensure an understanding of the key muscles and bones involved in asana practice and their associated health benefits and contraindications. Substantial emphasis is placed on analytic training, muscular and skeletal anatomy, individual physical limitations and differences. The specially designed practical anatomy classes are the back bone of the alignment classes. Not only will you be taught these lectures in the class room but will also be given access to our pre-recorded online anatomy module taught by our co-founder Eli Aguilar. We highly encourage you to finish this module before coming to the course. Our anatomy module covers the following:
- The basics:
- Skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, and movements of the major joints of the body
- Functional anatomy: Concepts of functional anatomy and physiology related to movement.
- Application of anatomical principles to yoga practice:
- Mechanics of yoga asana
- Healthy patterns of movement
- Muscular and skeletal differences i.e. compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory.
- Study of different regions of the body: The foot, knee, hips, spine, and shoulder
TEACHING PRACTICE, METHODOLOGY AND TECHNIQUE
“The best way to learn is to teach” – Frank Oppenheimer
Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course will help you to deepen your connection with your emotions and feelings which will empower you to teach from your heart. Our Yoga Teacher Training program is a practical training designed to help you become a confident and effective Yoga teacher for all level of students.
- How to teach hatha and kundalini yoga classes
- Principles of sequencing a hatha yoga class
- Basic principles of sequencing hatha yoga classes.
- Teaching practice: There will be a lot of opportunities for teaching practice. From day one, you will start teaching one-on-one and then progress to teaching larger groups towards the end of the course.
- Teaching feedback: You will receive feedback on your teachings from your classmates and teachers, to help you to improve your teaching skills and to find your unique voice and style as a teacher
- In addition, you will learn
- Principles of demonstration.
- Teaching styles and qualities of a good yoga teacher.
- Voice projection, floor presence, safety.
- Hands-on and verbal adjustments
- Ethics of a good yoga teacher and much more.
- By the end of the course, you will be able to teach mixed-level open hatha and kundalini yoga classes confidently.
BUSINESS OF YOGA
- How to develop your career as a yoga teacher.
PRE-STUDY NON-CONTACT HOURS MODULE
- The pre-study online module is not mandatory to finish before you join the course but highly recommended since teachers will cover Q&A from it.
- Once you have booked your place in the course; we will give you access to the online module which covers the non-contact hours of the training.
- This online module is a combination of pre-recorded classes and the teacher training manual.
- This module covers a big portion of the yoga anatomy content, and includes a few classes on pranayama, meditation and philosophy.
- We strongly encourage you to watch and finish the anatomy section before starting the in-person training at Goa as it will enhance the quality of your learning process.
|06.30 – 08.00||Hatha Yoga Asana Practice|
|08.00 – 08.15||Tea break|
|08.15 – 09.00||Chanting, Pranayama & Meditation|
|09.00 – 10.00||Breakfast|
|10.00 – 13.00||Philosophy / Anatomy / Alignment & Adjustment Workshops / Teaching methodology|
|13.00 – 15.00||Lunch Break|
|15.00 – 16.45||Workshops on Alignment, Adjustment, Techniques, Student Teaching.|
|16.50 – 17.00||Tea Break|
|17.00 – 18.00||Hatha/Yin/Vinyasa Yoga Practice or Student Teaching|
|18:00 – 19:00||Optional Posture Clinics on Mondays & Wednesdays|
|19:00 – 20:00||Dinner|
|19:45 – 21:00||Satsangs (Optional Philosophy Classes) on Tuesdays & Thursdays|
*Weekends: Saturdays classes will finish at 1.00 pm. Sundays off.
DATES & FEES
“If not you, who? If not now, when?” ~The Talmud
DATES & AVAILABILITY
|24th September 2023||19th October 2023||APPLY|
|22nd October 2023||16th November 2023||APPLY|
|19th November 2023||14th December 2023||APPLY|
|17th December 2023||11th January 2023||APPLY|
* For male students, we only offer single occupancy unless you come with another participant or in a group
- Early Bird Discount:
- €100 Euros: 60 days before course start date
- The course fee is in Euros and inclusive of all taxes.
- Included in the fee: Training, accommodation and meals only.
- Not included: Travel, insurance, any other liability etc.
- Airport transfers: Available at INR 2400-3000 depending upon type of the taxis
- Check-in: From 16.00 pm onwards on course start date.
- Check-out: Before 10.00 am on course end date.
- Orientation meetings: Are held between 4-5 pm on the course start date.
- Accommodation: You can chose between single or shared accommodation. All rooms are air-con and have private hot showers. We will always give you the accommodation agreed upon but life happens and sometimes we may have to make changes if required due to the circumstances beyond our control. Please check our Yoga Village page for pictures and more detailed information about the accommodation.
- Please check our refund policies here
HOW TO BOOK
- Application: Complete the online application form. If you don’t hear back from us within 24 hours, please send us an email at [email protected]. Please always check your spam if you don’t see our response within 24 hours. You can also contact us at our WhatsApp number +919158439037 for status of your application.
- Booking amount: Once accepted in the course you will be asked to pay a non-refundable but transferrable booking fee of €400 or INR 34,000 via PayPal/ Wise/ Googlepay / direct Bank Transfer. Your place on the course will be confirmed only upon receipt of the deposit amount. This fee will be adjusted in your total course fee.
- Remaining balance: Upon arrival at Sampoorna Yoga, Goa by cash, debit or credit card, or PayPal.
- Refund Policy