About the course
This 8-days Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training is a comprehensive program which will give you the skills and confidence needed to teach safe and transformative yoga practices to pregnant women. During this process you will learn to support them through pregnancy and birth and help them to plant the seed of yoga and spirituality in the yet to be born baby. This training will be a great tool for current yoga teachers and birthing professionals who work with pregnant women, as well as anyone who would like to deepen their practice of yoga during pregnancy.
This program focuses on developing and enhancing your teaching skills to provide pregnant women with a fun, effective and safe yoga class throughout every stage of their pregnancy. The program focuses on positive teaching techniques, appropriate sequencing, safety measures and suitable modifications to make each class an enjoyable and enriching experience for everyone.
On completion of the course you will have a better perspective of the physiological, emotional and social considerations of pregnancy. You will have developed an understanding of pregnancy anatomy, discomforts of pregnancy and benefits of yoga for pregnant women.
You will also be given a reading list which you must complete before or during your training. The course meets all the requirements of the Yoga Alliance and is registered as RCYS. After the successful completion of the course you will be able to register with yoga Alliance as a RCYT
This course is for
- If you are already a 200-hour qualified Yoga Teacher Training in any style from any school
- If you are an experienced yoga practitioner and an expecting/future mom and want to learn for yourself.
- If you are a yoga student who are not yet a qualified as yoga teacher but have already enrolled in a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course with any yoga school which will finish before this course starts.
- If you are a birth professional interested in learning how yoga can benefit your clients.
- If you are already an established yoga teacher or a studio owner and want to add more to your yoga qualifications, skills and knowledge base.
- General Benefits and background of Prenatal Yoga
- Psychological considerations for pregnancy and birth
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
- Differences in Yoga Practice by Trimester
- Safe and Unsafe Postures During Pregnancy
- Procedures for accepting new prenatal students into your classes
- Relevance of prenatal yoga teacher’s relationship with health care professionals in pregnancy
Techniques and practice
- Specific techniques to teach by pregnancy trimester
- Asanas, alignment and modifications
- Relaxation and stress management
- Breathing techniques (Pranayama in pregnancy)
- Precautions and considerations
- Benefits and contraindications of poses
- Teaching and practicing meditation for prenatal students
- Learn and experience the teaching skills of presentation & practice of prenatal teaching in yoga
- Communication skills in prenatal yoga as well as establishment of priorities and boundaries
- Teachings skills to address the specific needs of prenatal yoga practitioners
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting
- Observing, Practicing and teaching prenatal yoga classes
- Design trimester specific lesson plans according to the level of practice of the students
- Sequencing prenatal yoga classes
- General sequencing & asanas for common discomforts
- Guidelines for modifications and contraindication
- Therapeutic applications of asanas
- Class management
Anatomy of Pregnancy
- Stages of Pregnancy:First Trimester , Second Trimester, Third Trimester
- Maternal adaptation
- Fetal development and movement and, optimal fetal positioning
- Common Ailments and Discomforts of pregnancy
- Complications of Pregnancy
- Postural/physiological Changes during Pregnancy
- Muscular Imbalances Caused by the Postural Changes during Pregnancy
- Energy anatomy and physiology of yoga-Prana, Nadis and the seven chakras
- Cultural notions about birth, karma and samskaras
- Practical Applications of Yamas and Niyamas for the Prenatal yoga teachers and the students
- Effects of mother’s lifestyle on the unborn baby
- Effects of study of spiritual scriptures and satsangs on the unborn baby
- Effects of meditation on the yet-to-be- born baby
*Pre-study/non-contact hours: The course also includes some mandatory reading. We will give you the details of the same along with the joining instructions upon your acceptance in the course.
|6.30 am – 8.30 am||Prenatal Asana Practice|
|8.30 am – 9.00 am||Tea break|
|9.00 am – 10.00 am||Chanting, pranayama, meditation, philosophy|
|10.00 am – 11.00 am||Breakfast|
|11.00 am – 1.00 pm||Anatomy / Philosophy|
|1.00 pm – 3.00 pm||Lunch Break|
|3.00 pm – 5.00 pm||Alignment/adjustments/techniques/practicum/methodology|
|5.00 pm – 6.00 pm||Student teaching practice|
|6.00 pm – 7.00 pm||Workshops/student teaching/question and answers|
|7.45 pm – 8.45 pm||Spiritual satsangs with philosophy teacher (once-twice)|
Sundays: Classes up to 1.00 pm, rest of the day is self-study day.
|Start Date||Finish Date||Admission Status|
|31st Oct 2018||7th Nov 2018||Apply|
|27th Nov 2018||4th Dec 2018||Apply|
|24th Dec 2018||31st Dec 2018||Apply|
|21st Jan 2019||28th Jan 2019||Apply|
|17th Feb 2019||24th Feb 2019||Apply|
|16th Mar 2019||23rd Mar 2019||Apply|
|12th Apr 2019||19th Apr 2019||Apply|
|9th May 2019||16th May 2019||Apply|
Course fee and accommodation options
|Anaya||€ 1490||€ 1240|
- Early bird discount: Euros 100 If booked two months in advance.
- Included: All our packages include tuition fee, all meals, snacks, tea, free filtered water. Generally no dinner on Saturday and no meals on Sundays unless it’s a specifically announced by the school or if it’s the day of welcome meeting or the first or last day of the course.
- Excluded: Travel, Airport transfers, insurance, any other liability etc.
- Airport transfers for 30 Euros each way.
- Visit Yoga Village for more details about accommodation.
- Welcome meetings: are generally held between 4- 5 pm on the day prior to the course start date followed by welcome dinner at 7.00 pm. Please read the joining instructions which is sent to you after your place has been booked in the respective course.
- Check-ins: 2 pm onwards one day prior to the course start date.
- Check outs: By 10 am on the day following the course finish date.
- The initial deposit of 400 Euros is strictly non cancellable, non refundable and non transferable in any case.
- If full course fee is already paid then refund of the course fee (minus 400 Euros booking amount and any transaction charges) is possible only if you cancel/change the booking minimum three months in advance.
- Sampoorna yoga will provide the accommodation as allocated to the student but it reserves the right to make any changes if needed due to any unforeseen circumstances.
How to apply and book your place
- Fill up the online application form . We will process your application within one day and let you know if you are accepted on the course.
- If you do not receive a reply within the above mentioned period please write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are accepted on the course you requested for we will email you a confirmation. You will be required to deposit a booking amount of € 400 Euros via PayPal to confirm your place. If PayPal does not work for you then please ask us for other payment options. Your place on the course will be confirmed only upon receipt of the booking amount.
- Balance course fee is to be paid in cash upon your arrival here at Sampoorna Yoga, Goa. All transaction charges to be paid by the applicant if he/she decides to pay everything online