About the course
Sampoorna’s Kids Yoga Teacher Training Program is for anyone who loves to work with children. This course is designed to help you learn the art and science of teaching yoga to young people -appropriate to their age- to help them develop physically, emotionally and spiritually in a unique and fun way.
This course will help you bring out your own creativity and playful nature to empower children in all aspects of their life! This intensive teacher training is for teachers, parents, yoga and fitness professionals seeking to inspire children to learn and adopt yoga and mindfulness as part of their childhood.
In this course you will learn how to use storytelling, visualisation, imagination, animal poses, music, arts, games, and more to teach yoga to kids. You will be given tools and ideas to help children tap into the power of breath, develop focus and mindfulness and develop strength of the body, mind and character through physical yogic movements, and learn how to relax and let go of what is not important. You will learn to create classes appropriate to different age groups to meet children’s needs.
You will also be given a reading list which you must complete before or during your training. The course meets all the requirements of the Yoga Alliance and is registered as RCYS. After the successful completion of the course you will be able to register with yoga Alliance as a RCYT.
This course is for
- Certified yoga teachers
- Experienced yoga students
- Professionals working with children
- Yogi parents who want to share the practice with their kids
- School teachers
- Physical education and health education teachers
- Physiotherapists, nurses and children’s doctors
- Established yoga teachers who want to add more to their yoga qualifications, skills and knowledge base
- Yoga studio owners that want to offer options to their younger clients
- General back Ground in the specialty area
- Introduction to Kids Yoga
- The Benefits of Kids Yoga: Physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, spiritually, and academically
- Principles of Teaching Yoga to Kids and suggested guidelines for children Yoga Teachers
- The Importance of Fun
- Way to handle different types of children
- How to gain trust and respect – keep control/class management
- Develop different ways to connect with your children
- How to bring calmness and harmony to your family
- Health, safety and Child Protection guidelines
- Study and understanding of all childhood developmental stages from age 2-15
- Explore how the issues of each stage impact what is appropriate to teach them
- Understanding of the yoga teacher’s relationships with parents/guardians and developmental specialists
- Communication skills for conducting those relationships.
Yoga for kids with special needs
How to Teach Yoga to school going children
Teaching yoga to teenagers
Teaching yoga to: creative and fun ways to teach yoga
How to Organize, structure a Yoga Class, class management
Using Props and Music
How to Begin a Yoga Class
Creative way of warming Up the body
FUN WAYS TO DO YOGA: Storytelling and yoga
Kids Yoga Games
Creative yoga poses: Travelling poses, animal poses, amphibian poses, in-the-water poses, people poses, object poses
Breathing techniques (the yogic breathing techniques) for children
Chants and mantras for kids
Meditation and mindfulness for kids
- Finding your own voice as a teacher
- Teaching practice with lead trainers
- Being creative: Inventing your own postures
- Art of sequencing
- Teaching Techniques for Different Age Groups
- How to Help Children Stay Longer in Poses
- Lesson plan: Sample class plans with themes and games, family Yoga and more
Anatomy and physiology for children Yoga
- Child development: understanding the growing body physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially
- Understand the benefits of yoga for children
Child development: Understanding the Growing Body
Anatomy: Head and neck, Spine, Chest, Abdomen, Limbs, Alignment
Physiology: Musculoskeletal system, Skeletal system, Muscular system, system, Cardiovascular system, Respiratory system, Urinary system, Digestive system, Immune system,
Energy anatomy: The seven chakra system ,
Special considerations and contraindications
Yoga Philosophy, lifestyle and ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Practical applications of Yamas and Niyamas while teaching yoga to the children
- Ethical behavior, and appropriate language
- State and local legal requirements as related to behavior with and supervision of children.
- Specific training in parameters and techniques of ethical touch with regard to teaching children.
*Pre-study/non-contact hours: The course also includes some mandatory reading. We will give you the details of the same along with the joining instructions upon your acceptance in the course.
|6.30 am – 8.30 am||Asana Practice|
|8.30 am – 9.00 am||Tea break|
|9.00 am – 10.00 am||Chanting, pranayama, meditation, philosophy|
|10.00 am – 11.00 am||Breakfast|
|11.00 am – 1.00 pm||Anatomy|
|1.00 pm – 3.00 pm||Lunch Break|
|3.00 pm – 5.00 pm||Alignment, adjustment, techniques, practicum, methodology|
|5.00 pm – 6.00 pm||Student teaching practice|
|6.00 pm – 7.00 pm||Workshops/student teaching/question and answers|
|7.45 pm – 8.45 pm||Spiritual satsangs with philosophy teacher (once-twice)|
Sundays: Classes up to 1.00 pm. Rest of the day is self-study
|Start Date||Finish Date||Admission Status|
|9th Nov 2018||18th Nov 2018||Apply|
|6th Dec 2018||15th Dec 2018||Apply|
|2nd Jan 2019||11th Jan 2019||Apply|
|30th Jan 2019||8th Feb 2019||Apply|
|26th Feb 2019||7th Mar 2019||Apply|
|25th Mar 2019||3rd Apr 2019||Apply|
|21st Apr 2019||30th Apr 2019||Apply|
|18th May 2019||27th may 2019||Not open yet|
Course fee and accommodation options
|Anaya||€ 1770||€ 1460|
- Early bird discount: Euros 100 If booked two months in advance.
- Included: All our packages include tuition fee, all meals, snacks, tea, free filtered water. Generally no dinner on Saturday and no meals on Sundays unless it’s a specifically announced by the school or if it’s the day of welcome meeting or the first or last day of the course.
- Excluded: Travel, Airport transfers, insurance, any other liability etc.
- Airport transfers for 30 Euros each way.
- Visit Yoga Village for more details about accommodation.
- Welcome meetings: are generally held between 4- 5 pm on the day prior to the course start date followed by welcome dinner at 7.00 pm. Please read the joining instructions which is sent to you after your place has been booked in the respective course.
- Check-ins: 2 pm onwards one day prior to the course start date.
- Check outs: By 10 am on the day following the course finish date.
- The initial deposit of 400 Euros is strictly non cancellable, non refundable and non transferable in any case.
- If full course fee is already paid then refund of the course fee (minus 400 Euros booking amount and any transaction charges) is possible only if you cancel/change the booking minimum three months in advance.
- Sampoorna yoga will provide the accommodation as allocated to the student but it reserves the right to make any changes if needed due to any unforeseen circumstances.
How to apply and book your place
- Fill up the online application form. We will process your application within one day and let you know if you are accepted on the course.
- If you do not receive a reply within the above mentioned period please write us an email at email@example.com.
- If you are accepted on the course you requested for we will email you a confirmation. You will be required to deposit a booking amount of € 400 Euros via PayPal to confirm your place. If PayPal does not work for you then please ask us for other payment options. Your place on the course will be confirmed only upon receipt of the booking amount. Balance course fee is to be paid in cash upon your arrival here at Sampoorna Yoga, Goa. All transaction charges to be paid by the applicant if he/she decides to pay everything online