Ayurveda is an ancient health and healing branch of science, which is believed to be more than 5,000 years old. It offers a holistic and predominantly preventive approach to illness and health. The word Ayurveda is made from two words: ‘Ayur’ (life or life span) and ‘Veda’ (to know or knowledge). Thus Ayurveda can be translated as the ‘science of life’. Those who practice living an Ayurvedic lifestyle would call it the ‘science of living longer and healthier by aligning the nature (constitution or dosha) of our body and mind with the nature itself’. Ayurveda takes care of health, healing, rejuvenation, prevention and cure.
This course will teach you the fundamentals and principles of Ayurveda, giving you an understanding of the different bodily constitutions (doshas); Vata, Pitta and Kapha, and about diets that influence these Doshas. The course will help you to explore how to diagnose your own Dosha, and will offer tips on Ayurvedic cooking and recipes. This course also covers the three gunas: Satva, Rajas and Tamas, and their connection to the three Doshas. In this course, we will also cover the theory of Pancha Karma and its connection to Shat Kriyas of Yoga.
This course is not intended to prepare you as an Ayurveda teacher or practitioner, since it will take about five intense years in an Ayurvedic medical school to achieve that goal, just like a medical degree. However, this course will provide you with a good introduction and overview on Ayurveda and its principles. It will help you in understanding your own bodily constitution, and to be able to adjust your diet and lifestyle accordingly. This knowledge can be used for your own benefit and can also be shared with your family, friends and students. This foundational knowledge of Ayurveda will also makes you a better practitioner and teacher of Yoga by helping you to integrate holistic health principles, both in your own lifestyle and your teachings as well.
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU
- If you have been practicing yoga and want to move to the next level.
- If you want to learn how to get harmony between body, mind and soul.
- If you want to deepen your personal asana and meditation practice.
- If you want to learn and practice in a compassionate and non-competitive yet challenging environment.
- If you are looking for a comprehensive, safe, well/structured, anatomically precise yet intuitive approach.
- If you wish to explore the subtler and deeper level of awareness.
- If you have a strong desire to share this art of living with others.
- If you are ready to learn yoga beyond asanas.
This course is open to all applicants.
If you already hold a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training certification from any school and in any style then these hours can be counted towards our 300-hour Multi Style Advance Yoga Teacher Training certification, and can also be used as CEP / CPD hours with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK and Yoga Alliance US.